All reviews steam room ski shop ski vacation breakfast and dinner top notch year after year outdoor pool cottonwood canyon dining room great food room includes next year end of the day hot tub four seasons deer valley world class
Reviewed February 3, 2015

The best way to describe the hotel is with a string of adjectives and other descriptors: classy, personable, elegant, foodie, excellent service, and so on. Food is fantastic, the staff is fantastic, the decor is fantastic, the outdoor pool is fantastic, the spa is fantastic, the facilities for ski rental and storage are fantastic, the rooms are fantastic and hyper-clean, the little gym is fantastic, the views are fantastic, the bar is cozy....and fantastic. If Iv'e forgotten to mention anything, it will undoubtedly have been fantastic, too. These guys (Steve and his brother, Ken) loved The Rustler. I guarantee that you will, too. Special thanks as well to Jackie who invited us to the Wasatch dinner table and for the tour. Jackie exemplifies the class of the lodge along with John and Rebecca at the bar and so many others who made us feel more at home than if we were at home....LOL!

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank SteevyMontreal
Reviewed February 2, 2015

The lodge itself is not as spectacular as some other slope side Condos, but the other amenities more than make up for this. The location is perhaps the best spot for high end skiing that you will ever find. You are right as the base of Alta, including your very own chairlift and a short van ride away from Snowbird. The dining is a delight, the food choices and the staff are second to none. Will not be my last visit to Alta's Rustler Lodge

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2015 via mobile

This is one of the best ski lodges I have stayed in... The rooms are perfect - they match you to a room that fits your party size.

The dining is great, breakfast and dinner are included and the meals are top class. The managers and employees go above and beyond to ensure a great stay.

Ski in and ski out is awesome. The hot pool and hot tub is perfect after a day on the slopes.

The best ski lodge in Alta - no doubt!

Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank 170TraVeler
Reviewed January 26, 2015

For the price, I expected high end accommodations such I've found in Beaver Creek and Vail. Our room was average. Sure it had a light down blanket, but it had no art on the walls, the furniture was average, no desk, the bath fixtures and trim were average, not high end.
You are getting location location location and a very friendly staff (the waiters were hysterical--ski bums doing their best). The view in the bar was lovely.
The food was also a disappointment..I often chose the vegetarian option, which was mediocre (except for the acorn squash.) The meat options for one reason or another never really appealed...My fellow travelers thought it was fine.

I guess I think I just expected more for the price... I would have been happy if I had not seen the cost...

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank OneWendy
Reviewed January 22, 2015 via mobile

Always skied in Snowbird/ Alta for 30 years but this is the first time we stayed in Alta. From making reservation to check out, it was a breeze. They arranged our private transfer, my Amazon delivery ( huge box, new ski bag, airline damaged it), to Amex calling them to send me a new CC were handled professionally. Food excellent! Service superb! Ski- in ski-out. Spa modern. I will highly recommend this lodge to anyone. Will reserve for next year again.

• Stayed: January 2015