I really don't think there is a better place to stay in Alta-Snowbird. When I go to Snowbird I stay at the Cliff Lodge (on years when I try to save money). When I go to Alta I stay at the Rustler. I usually end up skiing both mountains with the combined pass.
I actually don't know if I really end up saving money at the Cliff because their meals are expensive. Also the Cliff has some downsides in comparison to the Rustler: worse food, more impersonal pool area, more impersonal staff.
The Rustler, in comparison, is at Alta, which I think is a huge plus, and also has terrific food and staff. I love reading the snow report there every morning. It's serviced by its own lift. The pool, hot tub, and gym are all fantastic.
My vote goes to the Rustler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alta's finest ski-in/ski-out location, unparalleled personal attention and our tradition of excellence distinguish the Rustler Lodge from the rest. Enjoy our amenities, including an outdoor heated pool, indoor/outdoor Jacuzzis, sauna, eucalyptus steam room, spa services and ski shop. After a fabulous day of skiing ride our chair lift back to the lodge to enjoy the best apres and complimentary appetizers in our Eagles Nest Lounge. Our 85 rooms range from modest to luxury accommodations that include new "Comphy" linens. Daily rates include a full breakfast and gourmet dinner and FREE WIFI. The Rustler, while elegant, is congenial and relaxed, the way we feel a ski lodge should be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Alta's Rustler Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alta`s Rustler Hotel Alta
- Altas Rustler Hotel
- Alta's Rustler Lodge Utah