All reviews steam room ski shop ski vacation breakfast and dinner top notch year after year outdoor pool cottonwood canyon dining room great food room includes next year end of the day hot tub four seasons deer valley world class
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We just got back from a 4 night stay at the Rustler. Our first since the kids were born. It was great, and just a quick 45 minute trip from the airport to the end of the Canyon. While there were adult-only havens (the beautiful bar), our kids were made to feel really welcome...even when they were ready to eat breakfast 15 minutes before the dining room opened. And who does not like an outdoor swim in the snow? Breakfast and dinner are included and both are fabulous. Dinner is four courses, but the accommodating staff had no problem bringing my husband five when he was hungry. The ski shop was unbelievably convenient and hooked us up with four sets of rentals. They also made it very clear that if we didn't like any of the equipment we could swap it out at anytime during our stay. The Rustler gives you quality accommodations, great food, attentive service and a perfect location on the tow line (with beautiful views of the mountains); but no attitude. This is a warm and friendly lodge at its best. My one quibble is that I did not like the orange scent of their toiletries. Minor, I know. In any event, book us for the same time next year!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2012

what a great stay. the rustler staff is friendly and accmodating. food is outstanding. I hope they continue this level of service as I will continue to go back.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed at the Rustler in early December 2011 when the snow was decent but not great. Love the room, the restaurant, the spa and the friendliness of everyone working there--from the bus boy to the ski shop. The ready access to the base of Alta is awesome, as is the convenience of skiing back at the end of the day. This is a first class hotel with customer service getting full attention. I was skiing by myself, and at dinner the restaurant provides the "Wasatch" table for single guests who are interested in sharing a meal with new friends. The staff goes out of the way to help guests. I came back for dinner with my family around Christmas and they were more than happy to give one adult a meal of nothing but different desserts.

The Rustler has a big steam room and a giant indoor hot tub with a view of the mountains. Very mellow. Not to forget reliable wi-fi as I sometimes have to work to pay for the skiing. Love the Rustler and want to go back when I get the next Powder Alert.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JerseyBusiness
Reviewed February 11, 2012

It's hard to beat the combination of Alta + the Rustler lodge. Easy access by shuttle from the airport, consistently excellent snow and terrain at the front door, plus spa, great food, and great service at the end of the day. Both comfortable and refreshingly unpretentious.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2012

There is no better perch to ski from-when and where you wish at Alta. Top notch food and service and amenities.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends