If you are looking for a relaxing, hassle-free vacation, Alta's Rustler Lodge offers the full package: a specular ski-in, ski-out location, luxurious accomodations, great food, a fantastic outdoor pool and hot tub and friendly service... all in a casual, comfortable setting. It really doesn't get any better than this!
The Rooms: We have always stayed in the Superior or Wasatch rooms. They have clearly been designed with skiers in mind: they are not too fussy and provide ample room for ski gear. I especially love the hooks on the wall , where you can hang up the jackets and ski pants. The bathrooms are well-appointed and many of the rooms have wonderful spa tubs. Best of all are the spectacular views of the mountain from the picture windows or balconies!
The Meals: breakfast and dinner are included with your room. My family especially looks forward to the breakfast buffet. There's so much to sample, from the fresh fruit and homemade granola to the pancakes and omelette bar. And the four-course dinners are a wonderful way to wrap up a day of skiing. The menu offers choices for both sophisticated and plain palates.
The Amenities: My favorite thing about the Rustler is how unpretentious and straightforward it is. Alta is for skiers and the Ruster makes the skiing effortless. It is the only lodge on the mountain that offers a "convenience card" to their guests. It is fabulous! You put the card in your pocket and you never have to visit a ticket office. You are simply charged for the days you ski. And best yet, you receive a discount off of the daily ticket price if you ski for consecutive days. You can't beat it for convienence!
You also can't beat the ski-in, ski-out location. If you need to rent skis, there is a ski shop right in the building. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Whether you rent or bring your own skis, you are given a ski locker located just beside the slope that takes you to the mountain. And at the end of a long day, there's a chair lift that brings you back to the lodge, where you can relax in the lobby and play some backgammon, or socialize in the lounge and enjoy hor-d'oevres before dinner. If you still have energy, you can work out in the gym (I have never done that myself, but I've seen others do it) or play ping-pong or pool.
And what could be better after a long, hard day skiing than a massage and a soak in a hot tub or warm, outdoor pool, surrounded by snow? It is really heaven on earth!
The Rustler isn't a fussy or pretentious place. It is quintessentially casual and comfortable. And that is what makes it so perfect ... and why so many of us return year and after year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alta's finest ski-in/ski-out location, unparalleled personal attention and our tradition of excellence distinguish the Rustler Lodge from the rest. Enjoy our amenities, including an outdoor heated pool, indoor/outdoor Jacuzzis, sauna, eucalyptus steam room, spa services and ski shop. After a fabulous day of skiing ride our chair lift back to the lodge to enjoy the best apres and complimentary appetizers in our Eagles Nest Lounge. Our 85 rooms range from modest to luxury accommodations that include new "Comphy" linens. Daily rates include a full breakfast and gourmet dinner and FREE WIFI. The Rustler, while elegant, is congenial and relaxed, the way we feel a ski lodge should be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Alta's Rustler Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alta`s Rustler Hotel Alta
- Altas Rustler Hotel
- Alta's Rustler Lodge Utah