“Mamma Mia”

Cuisines: Italian
Azle, Texas
“Mamma Mia”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Everything at Capriccio's is served hot and delicious. I've been eating there for years and have never been disappointed. Large variety of Italian specialities. Nice bar area for eating or just drinking and relaxing with frieds.

Visited June 2013

Azle, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

In Azle you dont get much variety or quality but Frenkis is the exeption, the food is wonderful and the service is great. For a town like Azle Frenkis is a blessing!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shanepil
Azle, tx
“Not as good as it used to be - what is happening?”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have been going to Capriccio's for over 25 years. The last couple of times, however, have not been as good as I know they have been. Tonight our waitress took our order and yawned as she did so. we had to wait quite a while for our food and when it did come, it was not correct. My husband ordered spaghetti with no meat and he wanted the sauce with peppers, onions and mushrooms. It came with hunks of sausage in it and he does not eat meat much less sausage. She took it back and we waited quite a while, so long in fact that I had already finished eating. She brought it in a to go bag. When we got home, there is this tiny little portion in a tiny little tin carry home plate. We didn't even get the full order! Capriccio's used to be so good - they were better when they were in their tiny, original spot down 730. I hardly see the owners in there so I hope it doesn't continue going down hill.

• Visited May 2013
NYC
“damn good down home cooking”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

is it high falutin Top Chef gourmet Italian? no. so all u Tom Colicchio wannabes can just stay home. I went here for the first time with my brother and his kids (who live in Azle) and it was a great experience. shared a pizza with my niece: I've lived in NYC for 16 years and NY ain't got nothin on Frenki's. the crust was thin, the edges baked well: not burned or charred, but crispy, like I like it. the pepperoni added a small amount of grease, but just a very small amount. then again, I don't usually get pepperoni on my pies so I may not be the best judge. my nephew got the manicotti, i had a bite and i swear there's an Italian grandma back there in the kitchen cooking all day. our waitress couldn't be friendlier and the service was prompt. can't wait to go back and try a pasta dish. the ONLY thing I would change is the iceberg lettuce in the tossed salad.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank tBoneNY
“One of the nicer Rest. In Azle”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

For a town full of Mexican food restaurants, it's one of the nicer places to eat. Try the shrimp Alfredo. Their bread is heavenly. Their personal pizzas are a hit as well. For sandwiches, try the chicken Parmesan sandwich. Huge portions. I recommend. And yes, can't be too choosey is azle!

1 Thank Teamgreg

Been to Frenki's Capriccio? Share your experiences!