The Driskill
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Breakfast included
$265
$244
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
$96
$89
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$94
$198
  • Restaurant
W Austin(Austin)
$245
$209
  • Pool
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa(Austin)
$269
$242
Omni Hotels
2,156 results
All reviewsbeautiful historic hoteldriskill barcafe bakerysenate roomclassic hotellive musicsixth streetheart of downtownstreet noisehotel barvalet parkingvalet servicevisiting austintexaslobbyhauntedelevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great location,you don't need to compromise comfort to have lots of charm.....happy hours is mandatory,2 sets a live music and prices for appetizers and drinks unbeatable....the atmosphere and staff extremely polite....one of the best hotel we stayed!
Great experience in Austin....

Room Tip: 4th floor was totally renovated....was espetacular!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anna P
JSS23, General Manager at The Driskill, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for your posting. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and especially at the famous Driskill Bar. We're proud that we feature the best performers/entertainers in Austin without charging a cover. The Driskill is a legend for hospitality and now, a legend for Austin's finest music! I hope you'll come stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at the Driskill overnight for our anniversary, and I have to say, it was the best anniversary we've ever celebrated! From the time we called to make the reservation to the time we checked out, EVERY staff member made us feel welcome and taken care of. The room was comfortable, the view of the Austin skyline magnificent, and the food was some of the best I've ever had. I have traveled to many places, including Europe and Great Britain, and have had some very good experiences, but this stay that was so close to home was one of the best. I would highly recommend it to everyone, and especially at Christmas time! Also, I craft stained glass, and was enthralled to see the stained glass that was everywhere! LOVED IT!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have been to the Driskill Hotel many times! The was the first time to visit during the Christmas season! My visit was very enjoyable! The Hotel was decorated with Christmas decorations,just like home for Christmas!

Room Tip: Higher floors provided a city view!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Donald Ray W
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I travel a lot and I honestly have to say it was a beautiful hotel. The staff was very polite and helpful but the best part was the food! I ate there 3 times in 2 days! It's a must stay when you are In Austin

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Marcos M
LH1886, Guest Relations Manager at The Driskill, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

We are so glad to see that you enjoyed our dining outlets, I will pass this along to our culinary team!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

my only downtown Austin destination. I'll take an old world cocktail in the wall to wall wood paneled lobby any day over the cold stripped down hotels that are pretending to be modern.
Every staff member is a class act.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fred G

Thanks for the feedback, we look forward to serving you old world cocktails in The Bar on your next visit to Austin.