“Not a good experience”

Ranked #173 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Not a good experience”
Reviewed February 19, 2011

First I had an issue with checking in, my parents (who were not with me but were paying) had to fax over their credit card information and drivers license which was a pain. Who still faxes things when there is email? Next they did not have service enough to bring me toothpaste but rather they made me go to the front desk and get it. When I asked them for a trash bag they told me they would bring it up. 30 minutes later I walked down and got it myself because they didn't bring it up. Their iron ripped a brand new dress shirt and when I asked for a new iron, it once again took me walking down two times, once to request it and when they didn't bring it up once again to remind them. Overall a very poor hotel with poor service. I would not stay here ever again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank HotelReview31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Conveniently locate to DKR but not worth the accomidations. Reserved with travelforecaster.com they charged 20.00 but reserved the incorrect month. So of course the price for the room was double...120.00 a night due to game weekend. If it wasn't for the fact that we were tailgating and didn't stay in our room at all I would have declined to stay there. A bit smelly, bathroom light/fan sounded like it was taking off, toilet loud, pillows yuck.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
SA
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Checked in for AI audtions because it was walking distance from Frank ErwIn Center. HUGE MISTAKE! HUGE! Crickets everywhere, hair on bed, roaches everywhere. Staff was rude and lied. They stole money that was in room , when I went back for it they said they did not have it Their storys were conflicting.....Manager/Owner was the worst ever! His wife/partner is 2nd in line ! Lies Lie! Lies! They took what was not theirs. Placed police report. DO NOT STAY AT THIS FILTHY GOD AWFUL PLACE. IT IS NOT WORTH IT! They are scum on scum!

• Stayed August 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We placed spending money in the microwave, and went out to go get breakfast. When we returned the money was gone and when we notified the staff, they all gave us different stories about what probably happened to it and blamed it on us! We checked out immediately and called the police.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Stayed here for UIL in May. Was a very convenient location to the stadium, no problems walking there. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were neat property was well maintained. Traffic on I-35 was congested, but all in all we had a good time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
chicago
Reviewed March 28, 2010

This place is disgusting, You'd be better off on a park bench than this disgusting motel. We decided to leave and they told us they sold our room and still refused to give us a refund. to top it off, Choice Hotel's customer service was NO HELP at all . The bathroom is dirty and looked like it belonged in a college fraternity house. It was LOUD and I got a rash from the sheets.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
new mexico
Reviewed October 12, 2009

My family tavels a lot. We stay in nice hotels and some cheap motels so we have a fair view of places so we are not crazy picky but for the price of this place it was not worth it. The traffic noise was really bad. The floor around the wooden bed frames was filthy, someone's previously chewed gum was there along with other items. The bath spout didn't work so could only shower. The toilet had to be flushed a minimum of 2 times to get the toilet paper down and it made a freaky sound when it did. Sink stopper was broken, sheets were stained so weren't really sure how clean they were. The pool area was ridiculous and right by the freeway. The breakfast area is 2 tables in the reception office where they check people in too. The place is at minimum 12 blocks or more from any store/shopping so don't plan on walking unless you truly enjoy it. Only one restaurant within a couple of blocks-Star Seeds Cafe.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family