“Disgusting and filthy” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #170 of 197 Hotels in Austin
CO
“Disgusting and filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2007

Dirty, disgusting and smelly. Food all over the counter from the continental breakfast, at 4:00 PM ! Carpet in office full of dirt and debris, hasn't been vacuumed in weeks. Bad attitude and discourteous clerk at counter. Go down the street, save money, and have a better stay.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank Travelright2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2007

We had to make a quick trip to Austin (UT) and I knew this was a cheap motel, but I booked it anyway. I just figured it would be plain and simple but it was dirty and falling apart. The carpet between the furniture had big crumbs and pieces of food like it had been ages since they actually vacuumed.

We were here no more than 30 minutes when a man opened our door holding the room key (card) that apparently worked. He said it was his room that he had been in for the last two nights. He went to the office and they gave him another room. They had just checked him out without his knowledge and given us his room.

So we then left to go out to eat. We stayed gone as long as possible...... That night when I turned on the shower, THERE WAS A BROKEN SHOWER HEAD!! Only a pipe with a cover sticking out of the wall. When you turn the water on, only a tiny stream of water weakly came out of the pipe. When I called the office, they offered to let us shower in another room with a broken tv, that they were saving for an "overflow" room. What a joke.
Don't bother with this run-down place.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TXTawnyBell
corpus christi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2006

When I called to inquire about the hotels immenities, I was told there was a swimming pool, when we arrived the pool was surronded by pool cleaners and I dont know what else, the pool was being filled up with a water hose. I was told later it would be ready in the morning. The next day when we checked out at 10:00 it was still being maintained (needless to say no one ever got to use it.
We were told there would be free breakfast- at 9:30 we were told they were all out (what are the chances of that).
All night long we had kids partying in the front of our hotel, door. We called the office repeatedely and nothing changed. In the morning there was throw up outside of our door. We were told we should have kept calling? How many times did we need to call.
Sorry, but I would not recommend this hotel.
The hotel was advertising free breakfast, 27 in t.v. and alot of other freebies, we didnt get anything.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — noise, no one did anything about
  • Tips/Secrets — dont stay there
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank victorsfam.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2006

I made a reservation for 2 nights, hoping to connect with someone to stay with instead and cancel my second night. After I heard from her that I could stay, I called the Rodeway Inn, (around 3 PM Friday) asking to cancel for Saturday, if it wasn't too late to do so. She assured me it was fine and would make sure that my credit card wasn't charged. Then, when I went to check out on Saturday (after a terrible shower btw) I was told that the employee had made a mistake and I couldn't cancel. I was shocked that they would go back on what they said after I had made other plans. I spoke to the manager/co-owner Monica, who told me that employee was misinformed and had since been fired. I spoke with her for 10 minutes, begging for my $90 on the grounds that I had been told I could cancel, no one ever contacted me to tell me otherwise until I checked out, and she needed to take responsibility for what her employee had told me. She was totally unsympathetic and refused to give me my money, even though at this point I couldn't even stay there that night because I had already made plans. I am a grad student who auditioned at the music school there and can barely afford groceries, much less an unfair charge for an overpriced room I couldn't even stay in. Avoid the Rodeway!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2004

We stayed at Rodeway in April 04. Normally, we would have stayed closer to downtown but there was some kind of festival going on and nothing else was available. It's kinda close to downtown ( 2 miles) so we figured we could get around pretty easily. Anyway, the room was horrible! It smelled like somebody has been smoking pot in there (quite possible since the hotel was packed with college kids) and apparently maid was heavy on nasty smelling air freshener...probable made the matter even worse. Also, carpet was wet...didn't wanna know what was going on previous night. Bathroom sucked, it was moldy and rusty and we had even visitor - cockroach in the bathtub. There was no water pressure and we actually ran out of hot (well- lukewarm)water. You could literally see thru the towels - guess have been used heavily over last 20 years. Towels were really, really small size and not the cleanest. From time to time, door didn't lock when closed....glad that I checked it before we went out. We paid $100 which seems ridiculous for such room. I will never stay there again.
P.S. this is just a funny point, but the ironing board and iron were actually secured to the wall - had quite a hard time ironing my husband's shirt :)

13 Thank Etany