“Okay with me” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #170 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Texas
“Okay with me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

After reading the on-line reviews I had very low expectations of this motel but my stay was okay. All of the staff that I interacted with were pleasant, the price was right, the room was actually smoke-free and I had a good nights sleep. The electricity, plumbing, refrigerator, TV, and the air conditioner/heater worked, and there was a coffee maker in the room.

However, the motel exterior is dilapidated, the room decor was not in style, the highway noise might have annoyed me if I had normal hearing and room did have a slight 'old" smell to it. Personally, I thought that the room coffee did not taste good.

Not exactly what I would call above average but okay. I've stayed in much worse facilities.

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Windhoek
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2007

Came with a colleague to do a project in Austin. We were shocked that they put us up in this dive. What a way to treat out of town guests. It is literally underneath the freeway, which you can hear all night long. The hotel was dirty and gross inside. There were all sorts of drunk guys (fellow hotel residents) hanging around at night on the balconies. I didn't feel safe going to the pop machine outdoors. We were so happy it was only one night. Next time we will pay for our own hotel and stay somewhere decent.

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank juniemonster
el paso
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2007

I booked a room at this hotel thinking I could sleep for a couple of
hours while I passed through Austin. I was told that I would be
guarenteed a room because I left a cc #, and still it did no good. Even though
the night of my arrival, I showed up with the confirmation # at hand,
the gentleman in the front(Amad) told me that there was no reservation.
After a lengthly conversation w/him, he finally gave me a room. As soon
as I walked in, I walked right back out. I would have rather slept in
my car and I did! Terrible service, run down, roaches everywhere! I
travel a lot and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had. Even
if the price were $20 a night, I would NEVER stay there again.

• Liked — ??????????????
  • Disliked — Customer service and efficiency.
  • Stayed April 2007
1 Thank loremarl
CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2007

Dirty, disgusting and smelly. Food all over the counter from the continental breakfast, at 4:00 PM ! Carpet in office full of dirt and debris, hasn't been vacuumed in weeks. Bad attitude and discourteous clerk at counter. Go down the street, save money, and have a better stay.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank Travelright2007
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2007

We had to make a quick trip to Austin (UT) and I knew this was a cheap motel, but I booked it anyway. I just figured it would be plain and simple but it was dirty and falling apart. The carpet between the furniture had big crumbs and pieces of food like it had been ages since they actually vacuumed.

We were here no more than 30 minutes when a man opened our door holding the room key (card) that apparently worked. He said it was his room that he had been in for the last two nights. He went to the office and they gave him another room. They had just checked him out without his knowledge and given us his room.

So we then left to go out to eat. We stayed gone as long as possible...... That night when I turned on the shower, THERE WAS A BROKEN SHOWER HEAD!! Only a pipe with a cover sticking out of the wall. When you turn the water on, only a tiny stream of water weakly came out of the pipe. When I called the office, they offered to let us shower in another room with a broken tv, that they were saving for an "overflow" room. What a joke.
Don't bother with this run-down place.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TXTawnyBell
corpus christi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2006

When I called to inquire about the hotels immenities, I was told there was a swimming pool, when we arrived the pool was surronded by pool cleaners and I dont know what else, the pool was being filled up with a water hose. I was told later it would be ready in the morning. The next day when we checked out at 10:00 it was still being maintained (needless to say no one ever got to use it.
We were told there would be free breakfast- at 9:30 we were told they were all out (what are the chances of that).
All night long we had kids partying in the front of our hotel, door. We called the office repeatedely and nothing changed. In the morning there was throw up outside of our door. We were told we should have kept calling? How many times did we need to call.
Sorry, but I would not recommend this hotel.
The hotel was advertising free breakfast, 27 in t.v. and alot of other freebies, we didnt get anything.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — noise, no one did anything about
  • Tips/Secrets — dont stay there
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank victorsfam.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2006

I made a reservation for 2 nights, hoping to connect with someone to stay with instead and cancel my second night. After I heard from her that I could stay, I called the Rodeway Inn, (around 3 PM Friday) asking to cancel for Saturday, if it wasn't too late to do so. She assured me it was fine and would make sure that my credit card wasn't charged. Then, when I went to check out on Saturday (after a terrible shower btw) I was told that the employee had made a mistake and I couldn't cancel. I was shocked that they would go back on what they said after I had made other plans. I spoke to the manager/co-owner Monica, who told me that employee was misinformed and had since been fired. I spoke with her for 10 minutes, begging for my $90 on the grounds that I had been told I could cancel, no one ever contacted me to tell me otherwise until I checked out, and she needed to take responsibility for what her employee had told me. She was totally unsympathetic and refused to give me my money, even though at this point I couldn't even stay there that night because I had already made plans. I am a grad student who auditioned at the music school there and can barely afford groceries, much less an unfair charge for an overpriced room I couldn't even stay in. Avoid the Rodeway!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business