“Very nice hotel in a nice area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Austin Hotel

Renaissance Austin Hotel
Ranked #39 of 195 Hotels in Austin
Denver, Colorado
“Very nice hotel in a nice area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband had to travel recently to Austin on business, and since I had never been there I decided to accompany him and we stayed at this hotel, which he frequently stays out while on business in Austin.

This is a nice hotel. The people were all very nice and the room was clean and well appointed. The "courtyard" of the hotel is very nice, a huge ceiling with rooms facing the inter courtyard.

It is close to lots of nice shops and restaurants (Cheescake Factory comes to mind).

There seemed to be lots of business travelers here as there were several conferences going on, so this would be an ideal place for a business traveler.

I recommend this hotel and hope to someday accompany my husband there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Taos, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

We don't like big chain hotels because of what I say in the title. They don't seem to care about anything other than maximizing all the various ways that they can take your money. Wireless access: $15 or so. Really? How silly.

One of my colleagues had to add a night at the beginning of the stay and they double-billed her. When she got back home and noticed the error, the hotel refused to credit her card. For my room, I had to add a night at the end of the stay and they refused to honor the group rate offered for the conference we were attending. A real shame that not a single person at that front desk had any interest in making us happy when or after we left.

The hotel gets 3 stars from us because of the fitness center. Very nice! Well maintained with some of the higher-end equipment out there. We appreciated it very much.

Service is key in this economy and the only service we got from the staff, however, was filled with careless attitude.

Texas
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,631 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

I was at the Renaissance Austin Hotel for a large conference. This was not the first time I stayed at the Renaissance. The rooms are large and well appointed, the restaurant and bar were well staffed with friendly servers, and members of the staff were accommodating to the needs of our conference manager. There are a number of restaurants and upscale shops within walking distance. Parking can be problematic, so it is best to pay to have hotel personnel park your vehicle. Rooms have good internet connection, but for a fee. This is a beautiful venue for a conference, or just to get away for a weekend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CJTravelerTexas
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

Enjoyed my 6-night stay at the Renaissance. Location is good for shopping, but is about 10+ miles from downtown Austin, where the real action is. We were there for a big conference, and we heard many complaints about housekeeping, although my room was fine. Concierge service was great, when needed. Food was good. All in all, a good conference facility.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

I spent 4 nights at this hotel in March, 2010 for a conference and from that perspective it was great. The hotel itself is nice and while my room was just starting to look dated I did see the staff going room to room upgrading TV's so you know they are trying to keep up.

The staff were all quite accommodating and the hotel is very close to a lot of shopping and restaurants so you can eat well.

My only disappointment was the distance from downtown.

Ithaca NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

What great service at The Austin Renaissance! Every single staff person went out of their way to be sure that we had a great stay. Check in was probably the fastest I've ever experienced and at check out, Jacob took care of a minor glitch within seconds. He knew that we were waiting for the Super Shuttle and I overheard him calling the Super Shuttle to be sure we were confirmed and get their location in relation to the hotel.
Nate and Paul Love in the Concierge Office could not have been more accommodating and in fact, just added to our stay.
Room was very comfortable and I slept way better than I even sleep at home.
We were on the Concierge Level and the host and hostess in the lounge could not have been more attentive or pleasant.
We were in a lovely area with a multitude of shopping and restaurants but a good distance from downtown and music.
I'd return in a heartbeat!

PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

Check in was a breeze, very friendly staff. Restaurant was lacking, not much to choose from, expensive, and only one in the hotel. You had to walk or drive to get something to eat. Wireless was terrible, most people I saw seemed to have some problems with it. If you go, take a jacket or sweater, all the conference rooms are cold.

• 2 of 5 stars