“Really bad service”

Renaissance Austin Hotel
Ranked #51 of 201 Hotels in Austin
“Really bad service”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel in general is ok. Nice and clean room. But the cost is ridiculous. When I realized that my colleague has a different rate I asked if I can get the same. The way it was handled was unbelievable unfriendly.
Wifi is 16USD and it was so slow , almost unusable. Never again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank thegoatdriver
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was anything short of excellent. I will certainly share your comments with my team so that your concerns can be addressed. Taking care of our guests is always our #1 priority and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I do hope that if your future travel plans include Austin, that we will once again have an opportunity to welcome you back and to serve you in the spirit of true Renaissance hospitality.

Kind regards, Rob G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My son and I spent one night at the hotel while in Austin touring colleges. I had an eye emergency earlier in the day, so when we arrived I was very stressed. The valet asked how we were, and I replied that I was not having a good day. He was very nice. When we checked in at the front desk, Nathan was, without a doubt, the best front desk person I've ever encountered.

We checked into our room, which was nicely updated and had a hip vibe. We went to dinner, and when we returned the valet had sent up a wonderful fruit tray with a kind note. (see photo) It was so unexpected and thoughtful. I was very impressed by this gesture.

Check out was easy, and we really enjoyed our stay. The beds were super comfy, the bathroom had nice amenities such as a tube of toothpaste, and Aveda hair products. We pre-ordered room service, which arrived right on time in the morning. Everything was great!

I highly recommend this wonderful hotel. It's in a great location with lots of shopping and restaurants in the walk to vicinity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasTandE
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel! It is always rewarding as the General Manager to hear comments such as yours and I truly hope you are feeling better now. Nathan at our Front Desk as well as Joel in our Valet are both wonderful assets to our team! We are very grateful to have them as they both have a genuine sense of urgency and care for each of our guests. I very much appreciate your feedback and the time you took to share your experience with us. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Austin and the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved this hotel, it was classy, beautifully designed and appointed, the room we chose was a club level one, it was great, spacious and we loved the breakfast, cocktail hour and dessert hour in the club. The best thing about this hotel was the location, you are literally yards from the best shopping retail and restaurants in Austin. Loved it.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to the club level you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments from your recent stay at our hotel! As the General Manager of this beautiful hotel it is always rewarding to hear our guests experiences. The Club Floor is a great floor not only for the access to the private Lounge but also for the amazing views of the Hill Country. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your stay and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff is very responsive. The newly remodeled ballrooms and guest rooms are fabulous. Once the lobby has been remodeled, it will be even better. Great location, near shopping and restaurants.Our conference went well and was a success, in part due to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I'm delighted that you enjoyed our new guest rooms & our new ballroom during your recent conference at our hotel! We too are really thrilled with how everything turned out. We still have more changes coming very soon to our outdoor deck, restaurant and bar that I'm sure once it's completed you will very much enjoy! Our team is really excited about these new projects and we can't wait to see the final product. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to talk about your stay at our hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Austin and the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed at the Renaissance Arboretum recently with my wife and had an incredible stay. Andrew checked us in and was super nice and friendly. We stayed in a great room on the 9th floor that overlooked the hill country.

The recent remodel has been well worth it. The lobby has a cool modern look and the room was fantastic. The room decor rivaled that of 5 star properties in Las Vegas and the bathroom was like being in your own spa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I am delighted to read that your recent stay at our hotel was a great one! We too love the new look and feel of our guest rooms. The transformations that have been taking place throughout the hotel have been amazing and we're not done! We're about to begin a new project that will include an expansion of our outdoor deck, restaurant and bar. The final product will really celebrate the beautiful area of Austin that we are located in. We are all very excited about this project and hope that you and your family will come back and visit us so you can experience the final product for yourself. Thank you for your comments and I will definitely share your experience with Andrew as well as the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future.

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I wanted to get away for the weekend, so we read the reviews on Tripadvisor and decided on this hotel. Upon our arrival, we were greeted like welcomed guests, which is always a plus! The rooms are spacious, clean and it appeared that they were recently remodeled. We had a vehicle, but everything we wanted to do was well within walking distance. For breakfast, we dined and in the hotel and the food and service were excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I'm delighted to hear that you and your wife had a wonderful weekend get-away at our beautiful hotel recently! Our team is dedicated to providing quality service to each of our guests and making you feel at right at home while staying with us. We hope that if your travel plans every bring you back to Austin, that we will once again have another opportunity to welcome you and your wife back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel!

Orange, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Renaissance Hotel during a short trip to Austin. Although we were only there for 1 night, it was fabulous! The hotel is absolutely breathtaking. Every single staff member was extremely friendly and helpful. Check-in was very quick, thanks to Cameron. Our room was beautiful, spacious, and had a small balcony that overlooked the atrium lobby, from the 8th floor. The hotel was extremely clean, very comfortable bed, plenty of cold a/c, quiet and plenty of amenities. We went to the bar in the lobby to have an afternoon cocktail after we checked in. The bartender, Michael, was friendly and very eager to share his knowledge about Texas beer. He also recommended that we have dinner at the hotel restaurant, Banderas, and even suggested we try the pasta dish. Later that evening, we took his advise and had dinner at Banderas. I tried the pasta dish and it was delicious. Texas jalapeno sausage, rotini pasta, spinach, tomatoes, and a light broth. My husband had the filet and it was cooked perfectly. For dessert we had the 6 layer chocolate cake. It was absolutely to-die-for! Our bartender spotted us having dinner and even came over to say hello and make sure we were enjoying our dinner! We had a quick breakfast the next morning at the hotel's austin@bytes cafe and it was good. Check-out the next morning was as simple as retrieving our bill from under the door and making a quick phone call to let them know we were leaving. We had a great time at The Renaissance and highly recommend it to everyone. Oh, it was also a great value and close to many other restaurants and shopping!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the atrium-lobby.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
It is truly a pleasure as the General Manager of this amazing hotel to hear about your recent stay with us. I see that our team made a great impression on you which is always rewarding to see. Cameron & Michael are both wonderful assets to our hotel and take genuine care to ensure our guests have a memorable stay while visiting Austin. Thank you so much for your feedback and the time you took to share your experience with us! I hope that we will once again have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel in the near future!