“Not much to fault”

Crowne Plaza Austin
Ranked #25 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Stayed here for 2 weeks on business and loved it. For the price, its excellent. The rooms are big and comfortable, bathrooms are decent too. The hotel has a good bar and restaurant too.

I liked the pool even though it was a bit cold at this time of the year.

Food was good even though the Room service menu could have been a bit bigger.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. Free parking (big car park) , business centre with free internet and free wireless internet in the rooms. I have to say that the wireless internet was very weak in some room but for free you cant really moan!!

Location is excellent as its right on the junction of the I-35, 290 and 183. Its a 5min drive to downtown Austin and has loads of restaurants nearby as well as a big shopping mall.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank ThisGuyLovesTravel
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Austin

Reviewed August 26, 2008

We stayed here for three nights in August while visitng Austin for leisure. The location is great for getting onto the I-35, 183 and 290 highways and there are many good restaurants nearby.

When we booked, we had requested a poolside room. However, when we got there the room wasn't ready so they quickly upgraded us to an executive room on the 7th level, which had a few extra bonuses! The room was very clean, spacious and bright.

Check-in and check-out was a breeze. The staff was reasonably friendly and attentive in responding to our requests. Coupons for complimentary drinks at the bar were given on check-in.

We'd stay here again if we were to vist Austin again.

Price paid for room $74.98 (two ppl) - Entertainment card rate.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kreuz_fan
Reviewed June 2, 2008

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza several times for for a night or two on business. All in all, a convenient location, (though not a great neighborhood)

Overall, the hotel seems to be well kept, possibly since they appear to have done some recent remodeling. The lobby area is nice. It appears that the rooms have been recentlycarpet and fresh paint.

The rooms are nice, they are clean and recently remodeled, but rather small, especially the bathrooms. They were very clean and had great beds.

The hotel has full restruant, bar, and room service. The executive level lounge is small but nice. They give you a cookie on check in as well as a drink coupon. (probably as Priority Club Platinum)

The hotel has a small but nice pool area are out back, comfortable restaruant, and a nice workout facility. There are several choices for meals around, in the form of chain restaruants. Walking distance to Pappadeaux. They have a free business center with two computers and printers.

I prefer to stay on the north side, but this is a location that is convenent to downtown and our corporate rate makes it feasible. For the regular rack rate I am not sure I would stay there. There are lots of airline employees that appear to stay on site.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2008

I booked this hotel for a one night stay in Austin. I prefer to stay in town (Austin is a neat city), but Hotwire had a great deal on this one. It is in a good location off the highway and near to many restaurants, shops and convenience stores.

The rooms weren't too great. Less than a typical CP. My room was next to the elevator, which itself wasn't too noisy, but, the headboard (bolted to the wall) rattled loudly when they went by. It's an OK hotel, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ATLNate
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Overall, my wife and I had a nice stay at the Crowne Plaza. The service was good at check in and check out. We ordered room service one morning which was prompt. One interesting point is that Room service was delivered at 8:00AM on Sunday morning by the same guy that served us drinks at 11:00 PM Saturday at the bar. The rooms were nice and comfortable, but I'm not sure it's deserving of the 3.5 star rating. I've stayed in 3 star hotels that were as nice and nicer, However, I would definitely stay at this hotel again if the situation warrants.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2008

Stayed here for a sporting event. This was the team's hotel and received the university rate, so I really cannot comment on the rates/value. I received great customer service when I called to reserve the room. A manager called me back at home so that I could be assured of the special rate, etc.
When we arrived, we could find no help whatsoever with our luggage. No carts were available. It took forever for even anyone to offer to try to find a cart for us. The hotel is not as attractive from the outside as it looks in the photographs. It seems as if it was a nice hotel at some point and could be again, but just not now. Check in also took forever. It seemed they didn't have enough help. The lobby was lovely and inviting. However, the hall on our floor was very old looking and depressing with old ugly carpeting. I don't want to use the word "shabby", but it sure could be made so much nicer. The room and bathroom were quite small, but very nicely decorated. I understand that some renovations had just been done. The "sleep package" consisting of a CD, sleep mask, lavender spray, etc. was quite nice. The bed was very nice and super comfortable. HOWEVER, upon entering the room and putting away our belongings, I noticed a HUGE toenail clipping right by the desk. It was not in a location where it could have been missed by the vacuum cleaner - I don't think the room had been vacuumed at all. I kicked it over by the wall where it stayed throughout our stay. Also, one morning I awoke to find some kind of bug in my hair !!! I caught it and took it down to the desk to show them what had spent the night with me. They took it and called housekeeping to do an entire "special type" cleaning of the room. I was not offered another room, or anything else to compensate for our having to share the bed with our special little friend. Also, the coffee maker in my room stopped working on the last day. However, when I went down to get coffee, I was given it free by a manager on duty.

I just have very mixed feelings about this hotel. Mainly because of the cleanliness issue, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We stayed one night here over the weekend. Booked through priceline, no problem even at last minute. Easy access to highways since it is on the corner of 290 and I35. It has been recently renovated and you can tell if you look closely, but overall it was a good place to crash for the night. The bed was comfy (not hard), the new decor was nice. Bathroom still a little small, but serviceable. The only downside is that they really do need to pay closer attention to cleaning the bathrooms. The shower really should have been wiped down....

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple