“Great Hotel and Great Staff”

Crowne Plaza Austin
Ranked #28 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Hotel and Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and stay at many different hotels around the country. This hotel has an A+ staff and great rooms. I stayed on 2-28-14 and Tim and Marshall did an excellent job making my stay comfortable and easy. This is one of my favorite hotels that I stay at and they will go above and beyond to accommodate your needs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so very much for your kind words and for staying at our hotel. We pride ourselves on having friendly, helpful, and effiecient associates. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize them. We all look forward to your next stay! If there is anything I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to contact me. Thank you again.

Randy Brunnemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Very nice location, Enjoyed stay. However Wanda at Club Lounge is truly AWESOME! Very friendly, with great attitude. Seeing her big smiles each morning surely helped to get my day started on the right note :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Wanda truly is AWESOME! She consistently inspires our guests and also her fellow co-workers to have a wonderful time while in our hotel. On behalf of her, and our entire staff, I thank you for your review and for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. We hope you will continue to visit us frequently. Thank you again.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

The front desk guys John and Tim made my visit great! Exceptional and very accomidating to your needs. I had some work issues need faxes sent copies made and various other work needs and these two guys were right on the job. I would wait till their shift began just for their attentive nature. I may return for work and look forward to being placed in his hotel because of their customer service. I believe john was new maybe a few days into his current job but he provided detail to the customer like veteran.

• Stayed February 2014
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your review and kind words about John and Tim. I am very pleased they were able to make an impression on you. They will absolutely love reading your comments. I hope you will continue choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. All of us, including John and Tim, look forward to seeing you again soon.

Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I wanted to tell you that my stay the weekend of the Austin Marathon (February 14-16) was tremendous, and might have been a very arduous few days if not for the staff of the hotel. From Tamara at breakfast to Marshall and Darian at the Front Desk, to Leo and another driver (a gentleman whose name eludes me...a Mexican gentleman, to the one who started the process of accomodating me so well, Darrell, truly I was taken care of at every turn with rides, assistance with storing luggage, to great treatment during the meal I had in the hotel. I booked the hotel by mistake, as it wasn't very convenient to where I had to be, but your staff (a very nice young lady as Manager as well) made it WELL WORTH staying there, and may well do it again next time in Austin. It's all about the treatment: attitude, do-what-it-takes and very pleasant demeanors made it a great stay. Thanks so much, and please tell them I commended them all!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your review. I will gladly pass on your comments to all our associates. I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel staff enough to mention them. We all hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza Austin, whenever you visit. Thank you again.

Monterrey, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Hotel is OK, Sleeping quality is good, there was a wedding happening on the weekend of our stay but we didn't hear anything so in that area hotel is fine, beds are good quality. But Housekeeping needs improvement, I had to keep calling guest services during our stay in order to have towels, shampoo and conditioner, one time we came back to the hotel at 2 PM and the room wasn't ready.. They left trash and dirty cups and glasses on the room, other than that hotel is ok, location is ok too, you have target, walgreens, restaurants nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations for all our hotel guests and your comments are very important to us. We apologize for the oversight of our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams with regards to your stated concerns. Kindly be assured that we will treat this matter seriously. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you a more positive stay.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful stay. Very accommodating... Great shuttle service... The lounge was great, good food, great service, nice atmosphere. Clean room, quiet, amazing free breakfast. Friendly and very helpful staff... I would stay here again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad we could meet your expectations. Our staff continually delivers outstanding guest service and I appreciate that you noticed. We hope you will continue to choose our hotel whenever you are in Austin. Thank you again.

Florissant, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed both Thursday and Friday nights this week while on business and especially liked the service and caring hospitality provided by Alison in the executive lounge on the 7th floor. What a sweet and kind young woman to have met, who thoroughly seemed to enjoy her job! I love all of the amenities at this hotel, including a delicious hot buffet breakfast in the restaurant and a consistently clean and warm outside hot tub for relaxing in the evening. The only drawback is that the room a/c units don't have a "consistent fan" function to provide "white noise" while I sleep, and I often woke up when the clunky unit would kick on & off. I look forward to staying here again my next time in town on business though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side, furthest from the highway noise.