“The Staff is Great”

Ranked #29 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Seattle, Washington
“The Staff is Great”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had lunch (steak and vegetables) in the restaurant. Sven was my server and he was very helpful. Tamara didn't serve me, but I met her and she was sweet and talkative. I enjoyed my experience and look forward to staying at Crowne Plaza again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
appreciate your comments and review of our hotel very much. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to you returning to our hotel soon!

Randy Brunnemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Wanda is the BEST!!! I just love her and would love to take her home with me. Often times I am at the hotel alone for weeks at a time and it is so very wonderful to have such a cheerful person greet you first thing in the morning. When I return years later she makes you feel like you never left.

Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The service of the shuttle driver (Paul Rodriguez), the lounge bartender (Tori) and the buffet people (especially Shawnda) won me over during my business stay in Austin. They were sweet, kind and extremely helpful, and offered fantastic service with a sincere smile. I have never written a hotel review before, nor been inclined to do so, but this is what the quality of their service inspired me to do (as corny as that may sound).

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors may have better internet service; pick rooms that face the back parking lot
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. Shawnda, Paul, and Tori are indeed excellent representatives of our hotel. I have received several comments on their ability and friendliness. I am very pleased your stay with us exceeded your expectations and we all look forward to your next stay. I will pass on your wonderful comments to our entire staff.

Long Beach
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'm only one day into my stay and the service of the shuttle and front desk have won me over. Upon arriving at the airport I was greeted by Diego - who's shuttle was timely - and he courteous and a good driver. At the hotel front desk eagerly greeted by Antineika - who persevered and accommodated my requests for a room with a bigger bed, on a different floor with a different view...
I hope that all the staff are as pleasant and welcoming as they have been. Keep up the great work!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark L
Galveston Island, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After arriving at the hotel with the president of the AARL division of the Austin Ham Radio Club, we checked in and were told that our Hospitality Room would not be the room we had in the past. Upon viewing the room it would not work because there was no kitchen w a sink and the frig was so small. Aaron, the Concierge, came up to the room and assisted us any way he could to make the situation better and calm the president. He had the bed moved out, the large conference chairs moved, and arranged for extra small chairs moved in. He came up at least four times to guarantee that we were happy, had the trash picked up periodically. After it was over, he came and helped us pack up all the boxes, equipment, books, and radio supplies on the carts, even helping us pack our cars even with a sprained wrist. Without his assistant, we would have been overwhelmed, disappointed that we did not get the Hospitality Room on the 7th floor that we had in the past. Cudos to Aaron!! But the Saturday lunch buffet was something to be desired!. Also because we did not eat the Saturday breakfast buffet because we are on a gluten free diet, we had to wait a long time to order and even longer to get our food. There seem to be a shortage of waitresses. When a hotel is sponsoring an event such as the ARRL.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is great to know you appreciated the service and assistance Aaron provided. Please accept our apologies that, on this occasion, we fell short of your expectations with the service you received from our banquet staff. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show you what we have done. Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was in the hotel for two days, one night but my stay was very pleasant. One of your concierge was really helpful to our group. We needed a ride to go get dinner and he volunteered to drop us off and pick us up from dinner. Once we got back he was willing to go out of he way to help us with anything we needed. We were there on a business conference and he made us feel very welcomed, like family. His name was Aaron and he deserves recognition for his outstanding service.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I am pleased you stay with us was pleasant. We strive to ensure we meet the expectations of our guests each and every day. I will post your comments and review for all our staff to see. We hope you will continue choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin each and every time you're in our city.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Jessica tori and miguel were the bomb drinks were awesome steak was cooked and drinks were poured to perfection everybody was effcient and quick and helpful.mainly was due to the wonderful services of miguel tori and jessica is a firecracker stop in bring your appetite and thirst for a stiff drink and great service you found your place.:)

• Stayed August 2013
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so very much for your review of our hotel. Miguel, Tori, and Jessica continually receive kudos for the outstanding service they provide to our guests. I'm very pleased they were able to meet your expectations and that they served you so well. We hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza each and every time you're in Austin.