“Excellent front desk staff”

Crowne Plaza Austin
Ranked #26 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent front desk staff”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had stayed at the crown plaza this past weekend on the 5th. July 5th , it couldn't have been a more perfect night. The front desk helped me out a lot a gentleman by the name Kevin checked me in and even made me feel so welcomed' and when I needed some assistance a young lady by the name Cassandra more then glady was able to help me with some question I had on some fun things to do around town. All in all I would like to thank them both and this hotel is beautiful all the way around. I clearly see they only hire the best.

Room Tip: The 5th floor has a excellent view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I also believe we have the best associates in Austin and I'm very pleased they were able to provide you such excellent service. I will thank them for making your stay successful. I hope you will continue to choose our hotel anytime you are in Austin. Thank you for you review.

Randy Brunnemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was a very nice place to stay and the staff was great, sure beats the other stay at the same brand in San Antonio. The room and bed was very comfortable. Outside and inside appearance very well kept. Close to many restaurants, but not all in walking distance.

Room Tip: Priceline was the reason this was a good value. if you cannot do that it still would be worth the r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Danny S
Wimberley, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had planned a 24 hour vacation and wanted a hotel that had everything! We requested an early check-in and had no problem getting in a little early...about an hour earlier than "normal" check-in. We wnated to enjoy some "sun" time...and there was plenty of sun AND shade (which is where we sat. The temperature was about 106 that day, so we certainly enjoyed getting in teh water and cooling off. The water temperature was a bit warm, but was WAY less than the temperature outside so still felt refreshing! That evening, we wanted to eat "out", but the restuarant was closed. We settled for eating in the bar/lounge, but the food was wonderful and the service excellent. We also didn't have to get up and move when we were done eating, to enjoy some additional libations. Then we went to enjoy the hot tub! Wonderful...just hot enough to completely relax us and allow and early and complete night sleep. We actually didn't get up until almost 11:30...the room was very dark (as long as we pulled the curtains). We enjoyed our 24 hour vacation very much!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I'm pleased we were able to make your short stay a successful one. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza and thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We all hope you will continue to choose us when you are in Austin!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Thank you to Tim, Kevin, and Kirsten for making our stay a great experience. These people made us feel special like we were their only guests. We will be back in July for a conference and we are looking forward to it!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. I will pass on your kind words to Tim, Kevin, and Kirsten. They are very engaged associates who continually provide excellent service to all our hotel guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I traveled to Austin on business over the weekend, and stayed at your property. Your front desk staff was exceptional, especially Kevin. He truly understands what great customer service is, and should be recognized for his skills. Whenever I travel back to Austin, I will be booking this property (or wherever Kevin Pichardo is located).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel and your kind words for Kevin. He strives to provide excellent service to each and every one of our hotel guests. I'm glad he was able to help make your stay with us successful. I hope you will continue choosing the Crowne Plaza whenever you are in Austin.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at two hotels on this trip, and this was the "value" choice. The customer service at Crowne Plaza blew away the other "4 star" hotel. Aaron, the concierge, drove us to our restaurant and he was like a tour guide and knew so much about the restaurant and the area. The front desk clerk was so helpful, and when we walked up he was assisting a tired traveler who wasn't very nice, but he handled her with a smile and turned her day around. The hotel was a little dated, but the value and customer service more than made up for what it lacked in modern décor. The pool was nice, the lounge was very entertaining, and breakfast was delicious and reasonable priced for the buffet. I was surprised I liked it so much, being that I did one of those "secret/grab bag" selections online where you didn't know what hotel you were booking, only the price and area range. Highly recommend for anyone on a budget.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I'm always pleased when my staff meets and exceeds the expectations of our guests. I hope you will choose the Crowne Plaza Austin during your next visit. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2013

In traveling a lot to Austin, TX, on business, I often stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, due in part to the excellent front desk staff. Kevin has been especially nice, friendly, and helpful on several occasions, and always displays excellent customer service. I know I can rely on him to do whatever is in his power to make my stay pleasant. The beds are comfortable, and in-room refrigerators are a plus. My only complaint is that the room AC's do not allow the fan to run continuously to help me sleep, and instead, go off and on, which I am not used to at home. Otherwise, a very conveniently located hotel with restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North or East side are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding Kevin and your recent stay. I have asked my Chief Engineer to look into your concerns with the A/C. I can assure you that we will follow up on them. I do hope you contacted my staff with your concerns. They are excellent at solving these types of issues. I trust you will have a much better opinion of us during your next stay. If I can be of any direct assistance during your next stay please feel free to contact me.