“I am writing to thank Aaron, Kevin and Deshawn for their excellent service!”

Crowne Plaza Austin
Ranked #28 of 199 Hotels in Austin
Taos, New Mexico
“I am writing to thank Aaron, Kevin and Deshawn for their excellent service!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I would especially thrilled with Aaron. He drove us out for shopping and picked us up again later. He told us about Austin and suggested sights to see while we were here. He was so much fun to talk to and we could see how dedicated he is to helping others. We so appreciated his help and enthusiasm. We would come back just to see Aaron, Kevin and Deshawn!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review and your comments. Kevin, Aaron, and DeShaun will be very happy to read you review. They all work very hard to satisfy each and every guest. I appreciate you choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin and we hope to see you whenever you're in Austin.

Randy Brunnemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Houston, TX
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel sits in area surrounded by highways and other hotels. This is a plus for 'getting around,' but not if you are looking for the Austin Experience (i.e. live music, quirky restaurants, downtown, lake trails or the university scene). However, it is a nice looking hotel with a good pool and FREE parking (something you do not get in the downtown areas). The front desk staff (especially Kevin) were great. The room was fine and the bathroom small, but clean. The best thing about this place though, the bed! Really great bed with nice bedding! My complaints were that the hallways were not air conditioned!! This is Texas...it should be a requirement. The room with the vending and ice machine smelled like dead fish (I guess because it was hot, stuffy and the trash needed to be emptied). One time, I had to go to three different ice machines to find one that worked. Also, at night, the hallways seemed rather dark (and a bit scary). As a solo traveller, I like to see what's around the corner. Still, I would recommend this place. For the money, it was a great night's sleep!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RunAwayNow
Thank you for your frank and candid comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize we didn't meet all your expectations but I am very pleased that Kevin and our Desk Staff were able to take good care of you. I hope you will choose the Crowne Plaza again, whenever you are in Austin. I can assure you we will work very hard to meet all your expectations. Thank you.

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2013

stayed here two weeks ago, Kevin at the front desk was very helpful upon checking in. It was memorial day, and being my husband is retired military, he sincerely thanked my husband for his service, and said if we need anything at all to not hesitate to let him know. And i did....several times lol. I must of called down stairs a dozen times, and he was alway willing to get the job done. We stayed on the 7th floor, and we caught the lobby right before closing, where Christina was so sweet and helpful, and stayed open 5 min late for us while i gathered my crew out. She helped us with a smile and always said its not a problem. The breakfast was awesome and we had a great experience the whole stay. Thank you Crowne Plaza for hiring wonderful people and having a beautiful hotel, it really helped kick start our vacation!
-stacy stephenson
corpus christi, TX

Room Tip: make your way down to breakfast....its really good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I will pass on your comments of Kevin and Christina. It is always rewarding to hear from our guests and we're extremely you and your husband chose the Crowne Plaza Austin. We look forward to seeing you both again very soon.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have to say this is the most marvelous hotel! We loved our room...tasteful and comfortable! Kevin and Deshaun at the front desk were so fabulous! When Kevin pulled out warm chocolate chip cookies I couldn't believe it...I had just told my friends I would give this hotel 100% rating if only they had warm chocolate chip cookies when you walked in and sure enough...Kevin pulled out the cookies!!!
My Nerium groupI so appreciated the shuttle...free to guests...our amazing driver Aaron was brilliant and knowledgeable about Austin....we felt in good hands and I can't wait till our next stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We also hope you stay will us again real soon. We've got lots more cookies. I'm pleased you enjoyed them. Thank you also for your comments regarding the service Kevin, DeShaun, and Aaron provided. Our entire staff strives to meet and/or exceed guest expectations every day, every stay, and we look forward to serving you again.

Buda
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had our wedding celebration here, and Deanna, the catering manager and the banquet staff went above and beyond to help make my visual dream a reality. They were all very accomodating and catered to our needs the entire time up to and through the event. We were very pleased and our family and friends are still talking about that night. The next day, when we leaving Aaron with hotel services packed all our gifts and got them in a small mustang already have full. He was very courteous and pleasant through it all. If I was ever asked where is a good place to have a reception, I would definitely recommend this location. You definitely would get better service than the higher priced options.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
What a wonderful review of our hotel. DeAnna, Pressy, and the entire Catering Department appreciate your comments, as does Aaron, and are pleased they were able to meet, and maybe surpass, your expectations. We hope you choose us again each and every time you are in the city. Congratulations on your reception. We hope we can serve you again.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2013

From the moment I walked through the door Timothy and Kevin provided excellent service at the front desk answering questions about local restaurants and helping me
Check into my room reservation. The room was very clean and comfortable. The Wi-Fi worked very well and enjoyed that modern day utility. I would stay again and recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel and your praise of Kevin and Tim. They continually pride themselves on providing the very best guest service to everyone who chooses our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We hope you will continue to choose Crowne Plaxa whenever you are in Austin.

Buellton, California
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Purchased through Hotwire unknown for I believe $125. This was graduation weekend and even Motel 6 jacked their rates to $90+ Check in was superb at front desk. I am ashamed I forgot to keep his name. May 16 we checked in. Large nice lobby, gift store, computer room. 7 floors.
The hallway to our room is a bit dated in carpeting and wallpaper but NOT at all dirty or uninviting. Opening the door to the room and immediate relief was felt. A great room, king bed, was later found to be very comfortable with great pillows and totally clean coverings. My wife was quite happy. Bathroom we always inspect in every manner and found it to be fine. We were in Room 511, view over pool and very nice trees below. I should have told front desk my only slight complaints. Sink water is nearly scalding, sink faucet was a bit hinky to operate and shower pressure was real powerful. Great showerhead. Excellant flatscreen tv, fine wifi, refrigerator, ironing board and lighted magnifying mirror, great large thick towels desk, chair and good A.C. Breakfast hot buffet, make to order omelettes, a deal at $11. The bar was very good with excellant staff and good deals at happy hours. The concierage Aaron was over the top in service. Shuttle to almost anywhere, he offered. A totally fine experience. I will stay again when visiting my daughter.

Room Tip: View of pool was nice and on a quiet side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. I hope you will visit us each time you're in the city.