“Super GREAT Employees! Very comfortable.”

Crowne Plaza Austin
Ranked #22 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed May 7, 2013

GREAT Employees! Extremely pleasant and helpful. Kevin was particularly noteworthy. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The bed was also very comfortable. I appreciate how clean everything was and how responsive the staff was to questions and needs. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel when visiting Austin.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Pros include extremely friendly service, clean rooms and convenient parking. The rooms are nice and clean. The only con is that this is an older hotel and it shows in certain little ways. The bathroom door wouldn't close completely. The hallway on executive level seemed dark. We ate breakfast and the food was okay. Our server was friendly and helpful but slow. It was an okay stay. At the price I will probably look around for a newer hotel.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently had a 220+ attendee educational event at the Austin Crowne Plaza. (It was the second year that I booked this event...and I did so specifically because of the great service that I had received from their team in 2012.) The staff at the CP is extraordinarily service-oriented and always helpful in trying to meet my requests.
Those who should get special attention are Jose 'Pressy' Macedo (the best Banquet Manager perhaps in Austin,) Josue Gomez, Arturo, Alvarez, Maria, Balbuene, Ivan, Hugo and Marycela. Edalma Hunt is also noteworthy in that she takes all the extra steps to be sure that we are serviced in a timely and request-specific manner. The lady in the Concierge Lounge (whose name escapes me, unfortunately,) is one of the friendliest servers ever, and she consistently 'made my day.' Everyone was a helpful as they could be.
Thank you, CP, for a job VERY well done.
The hotel is kept clean and there is plenty of available self-parking, too. A huge plus in Austin, Texas!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel if you don't like traffic sounds or visuals. There are 2...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Two years and we are all looking forward to year three. Our staff loves your group and can't wait until your return. We happy you chose Crowne Plaza for your event and we hope you continue to choose us. We promise to continue providing the very best service with our friendly and helpful staff. Thank you again. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I would like to let you all know that the employees (Kevin and Deshown and the two people working after midnight) were very helpful. Kevin and Deshoun have very good customer service. When I checked in and stated my name the two men welcome me and call me by my last name and thanked me for staying and been a priority club member. Today when I came in both of them remember me and called me my name. They did not just provide good services to me but the people that were in line before me also. The two men worked very well as a team and I feel that they should be trained to be a part of management and/or training managers and other staff how to have good customer service I hope things don't change during my stay. The Manage and Bonny was also nice.
Thanks for keeping a lot of the IHG hotels to have smoking room; it would better if all your sites had smoking rooms. I feel that a person should have the right to smoke in their room that they are paying for and if they don't have smoking rooms then they should have a an indoor area that people can go to smoke. I always check for your hotel 1st because of you all having smoking rooms and 2nd because of the svc.
I was at one of your hotel a few weeks ago in Detroit and received good customer service also. Please keep up the good work and hope that the new Even has smoking rooms also. I wish that you all more extended stay hotels; I love Staybridght because of the morning breakfast and the dinner. I was trying to get everything all in this one.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am posting it on Kevin and Deshaun's department bulletin board and I have personally thanked both of them for providing you the type of service we try to provide each and every guest. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel Austin. We hope you will choose us again, soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

As a global traveler for many years, I’ve had the opportunity to experience a variety of hotels. When I run across a great one, I add it to my list of preferred hotels for future reference. The Crowne Plaza Austin is on my preferred list.

I’ve stayed at the Crowne Plaza Austin for several years now and have found the management, staff, accommodations and restaurant to be consistently excellent! From airport pick-up and check-in to the time I checkout, everyone goes out of their way to make sure I am comfortable and that my requests are met.

If you are traveling to the Austin area, I highly recommend that you experience the Crowne Plaza Austin. They have certainly earned my loyalty and I plan to return on my future visits to the Austin area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. Our staff works very hard to provide excellent guest service to all our guests and it's very rewarding when they are recognized. I will be sure to pass on your words to all our staff and post your review so everyone can read it. We hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza Hotel when you are in Austin.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was responsible for setting up a business meeting in Austin and chose this hotel. The entire staff was a real pleasure to work with: Gayla Hall was very helpful answering our questions and helping us decide on the rooms needed and which amenities we would be using. Edalma Hunt and her team were great to work with as they supported our daily meeting room needs as well as handling our special requests. The front desk team of Josue, Pressy, Arturo, and Maria were very competent and friendly as they helped everyone from our company get settled into their rooms. The team in the bar (Miguel - the bar manager, Tori and Lindsey were wonderful at having things set up for our welcoming get-together the first night as well as taking care of us quickly and being very pleasant to all the guests. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfast area is very comfortable and even had a chef to cook to order! I would highly recommend this hotel to others looking for a place to have their business meeetings.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I am very pleased that our staff was able to meet all your expectations. The associates you mentioned are among our very best and I'll be sure to let them know that you were satisfied with their performance. We all hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza Hotel whenever you are in Austin, whether on business or for pleasure. Thank you again.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My son and I were in Austin to check out The University of Texas. I booked this trip on Hotwire. The staff is GREAT...super friendly and helpful. The beds were comfy---great sheets and pillows....bathroom amenities were great.The only downside is the hotel is a bit older and somewhat run-down.
I teach online and needed internet access but did not bring a laptop--no problem..they have a little office area with great internet service.
Would I stay there again? YES!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. Our proximity to the University, affords us the opportunity to serve many future UT students and parents. We are always pleased to provide them with the type of service they expect from Crowne Plaza. We hope to see you many times during your son's stay at UT. Thank you again. Hook'em Horns!