“Great service in all aspects, especially in the bar.”

Crowne Plaza Austin
Ranked #24 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our bartender Monica, made a great impression on myself and the whole group I was traveling with this past few days. She was extremely kind, helpful and her attitude and knowledge of the job far exceeded that of expectations. If I am in the are again, I will be staying at this hotel, and grabbing a drink at the bar from Monica.

• Stayed: March 2013
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding Monica and the service she provided you during your stay with us. Your review will be posted where Monica and all our staff will have the chance to read it. I appreciate that Monica was able meet all your expectations and I trust our entire staff did also. We hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza, whenever you are in Austin. Thank you again. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Love the sheets and pillow cases. I sleep well here, when there aren't kids partying here on the weekends. They seemed to make an effort when people spoke up about them being loud, but still I think large groups come here on the weekends. Maybe call ahead and ask if they have a band/college trip/dance group scheduled the weekend you want to go.

Staff is VERY nice. I needed something I'd forgotten to pack, and since I was woken up at 3:30am by the kids I went down and asked the front desk. Yolanda was perfectly helpful, and at 3:30 in the morning!!!

Love the large, clean, in the sun with the beautiful large tree close by Pool and Jacuzzi! It's so nice. Did I mention, I love the outdoor pool and jacuzzi! Also, delicous chocolate cake in the hotel bar downstairs. Chocolate mousse cake prepared by Monica at the bar who was of course nice, as all the staff I've met here are.

I'd recommend it for a fun trip on the weekend, but only during the week for business.

Room Tip: Some rooms have fridges, ask!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. I promise you, that upon your next visit, we will have a solid handle on the kids and the commotion you experienced. I am pleased that you enjoyed most other aspects of your stay with us. We hope you continue to choose the Crowne Plaza Hotel and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Not only were the rooms very nice and clean but the staff was amazing. Starting from the check in to checking out. I want to commend the following staff, Marquise, Armando, Dora and Yolanda. They all treated me so well and took care of all our needs. I wish I had gotten the names of the wait staff in the restaurant as they were great as well. I want to thank you for making my 3 day stay so enjoyable. God Bless You All!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for you great review of our hotel and our associates. I never get tired of hearing about our associates who provide outstanding guest service to all our guests and visitors. I will post your review for the rest of the staff to see and will make sure each of the people you mentioned has a copy. We all hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza, for business or pleasure, when you're in the Austin area. See you again soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The staff really made my business trip a vacation! Tim, Brandon, Wanda, the drivers, the day time bellman, Seeura and Laurisa provided great customer service. (Spelling of names may be wrong but all part of daytime front desk staff. Wanda works Breakfast on the executive floor and made sure my day started on a good note. My room was large, clean and comfortable. The bathroom is small but usable. Plenty of hot water and amenities. If business brings me back to Austin, the Crowne Plaza will be my hotel of choice! Hotel has lifts for Pool and Hot Tub!!!

Room Tip: Even rooms on upper floors that face I35 are quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I really appreciate your kind words and your review of our hotel. I will thank each and every one of the associaes you mentioned and will post your review so all their fellow associates can read it as well. I'm always pleased to know that my staff consisently works hard at providing the best guest service they can. We hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza each and every time you're in the Austin area. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for a large conference. The room was clean and very comfortable. The rest of the public areas were also clean and well maintained.

A couple of issues: The wifi was very slow. I kept getting dropped from the interrnet. In the morning, the shower was barely warm. The food at the banquet was very good, but the continental breakfast with the coffee was removes by 8:45. It may have been an issue with the conference sponsor, but their schedule said it was supposed to go until 10:30. Also, the evening Welcome Buffet for the conference ran out of many of the appitizers befora everyone went through the line. (That may also have been due to the Conference Sponsor iunderstating the count or the first people through over-eating.)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I have asked my Food & Beverage Manager to look into your concerns with the food service. I can assure you that we will follow up on them. I would also like to apologize for the shower and wi-fi issues. We have recently upgraded our wi-fi and I have not had any issues with it. I do hope you contacted my staff with your concerns. They are excellent at solving these types of issues. I trust you will have a much better opinion of us during your next stay. If I can be of any direct assistance during your next stay please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel from Feb 22-Feb 24th. The service we got all around was great. Room was comfortable and affordable and super nice! Tamara in the Grille was AWESOME! Always made sure the coffee pot was full and went over and above with her service! Coming back in a couple of months with my husband!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I will make sure I post your comments for all our associates to see and I'll make sure Tamara gets a copy. I am always pleased wihen our associates provide AWESOME service. We all look forward to your return. If there is anything I can do when you're next here please feel free to pick up a hotel phone and ask for me. I look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this Crowne Plaza for my Austin Livestrong Marathon with my fiancé and our friend. The hotel was very accommodating and let us have a late check out time at 1pm. Gave us time to take a quick nap and clean up before going back home. The room is very clean and spacious. I loved that they have a couple of power strip for all of our devices to charge instead of a few outlets.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. Our staff strives to continually provide the very best service to all our hotel and I appreciate them being recognized. I hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza during your visits to Austin. Thank you again, We hope to see you again soon!