“EXCELLENT STAY!”

Crowne Plaza Austin
Ranked #20 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the Code Enforcement Association Confrence. When we arrived we were greeted by Roy. He was very helpful and friendly. He also provided us with information about things to do in Austin. Checking in was easy & fast. Timothy (Tim) was very pleasant and was great! I asked him about access to the 7th floor since were prioprity members. The breakfast on the 7th floor was great. There we met Ms. Wanda. She was a very cheerful lady and we enjoyed her. The food served at our confrence was excellent! The wait staff was very nice and friendly. We did have trouble with our A/C unit, but within minutes Eddie came to the rescue! He took care of the problem. Our stay here was excellent!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you had a successful and pleasant stay with us. Roy, Tim, Wanda, and Eddie are among the very best of our associates and I'm happy to know they provided you the outstanding service we aspire to with every guest. I hope you will continue choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin each time you're in Austin.

Randy Brunnemann

Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I want to say that I receives QUALITY Customer Service. I attended the TALAE conference and the first day I called into the hotel I got EXCELLENT service from Kevin. He was so ploiet and so very helpful and made certain that I had everything that I needed. Linda was great, as well and made sure that my room had everything I needed and more. Marquise was so pleasant, just what you need when you walk in to check in. Brandon got us to the airport safe and on time. I had such a wonderful stay the rooms were in EXCELLENT condition and the whole experience was so great. I'm so glad I was able to stay at the Crowne Plaza and would stay there again and refer all I know as this was truly a great place to stay. Lastly I have to say that Kevin was such a joy and made my stay GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms will be of good quality because the STAFF is 100% on top of their game of prov...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I really appreciate your review of our hotel and your kind words about Kevin, Linda, Marquise, and Brandon. I will make sure we post your review and comments for all the staff to see. We appreciate your organization choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin and we hope to serve you all again in the very near future. Again, thank you for your review and kind words.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Although the location is not very nice, they offer a free shuttle service around Austin. Paul the shuttle driver was wonderful and had a very cheery disposition. Breakfast was excellent although they do charge for it. It is worth the money, better than most free breakfasts. Even though I arrived just a tad past lunch time the friendly staff let me slip in and eat lunch. I also enjoyed the complimentary beverage I received from being a Crowne Plaza Priority member. They let you use it for any spirits (and wine and beer of course). Stick with the spirits a free shot of Courvoisier is very nice. I do wish that had some premium tequilas, sadly they didn't. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We continually strive to provide the best possible service to all our guests. I'm pleased that your enjoyed your stay and I hope you will continue choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin whenever your visit our city. Thank you. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I'm not sure I would stay here again. I'll start with the good...

The staff here were all very nice and accommodating. As an example, I had some friends meeting me at the hotel around dinner time and they had children with them. The regular dining room in the restaurant was closed for some reason - but the tables were all set. We were sent to eat in the lounge. But the lounge was crowded and it was quite "loungy" and really not a good place for children. So we asked if we could be serviced in the empty restaurant next door - they were happy to do so. My friends and I really had a private dining experience that worked better for their children.

My main problem was with the room. The hard surfaces of the room were clean. And although it was not the "chic"-est of rooms, that was not my main concern. I like cleanliness. And the room was clean. However, the sheets and the towels were disgusting. The towels were dingy and there were lots of stains. The sheets were also very dingy. There were stains on sheets and on the bedspread. I took one bedspread and just put it on the floor - there was no way I was sleeping with that. Despite the room being clean, I was pretty put off by the sheets and the towels. I'm attaching pictures of just some of the many stains I saw that were very visible. One set of stains on the sheets were bright orange (the pictures don't do it justice). Personally, my linens at home don't look like this - I don't expect to pay to stay at a place with linens like this.

I complained to the front desk and she provided a free drink, along with a new, bright blanket. But a free drink really didn't make me want to hop between those sheets. Also, I requested several extra sets of towels - and even in doing that, I rarely found a bright, white towel free of old stains.

Another issue I had - the toilet was a strange contraption. It spit out so much water I thought it was a bidet too. Instead of just having water flow down the bowl from the top of the rim into the bowl, one big, thick stream of water went into an upward trajectory/arc every time you flushed (using these flush buttons on top of the toilet), splashing water everywhere each time you flushed. Weird. And scary the first time you flush. And certainly not my preference.

And the water in the shower didn't get that hot. It was strange. One night it vacillated between lukewarm, cool and somewhat hot. The next night it was a little better - but never as hot as I prefer. (And I had it as hot as it would go) And the bathroom is teeny tiny.

Lastly, I didn't see an easy option for me to get the sheets changed the next day. I was running out to do my work, so I forgot to ask to get the sheets changed. And I was worried they might look worse than what was on there already. And overall, when I pay to stay at a hotel, I feel like I shouldn't have to take so much time out of my real purpose for being there to point out stains on sheets that can easily be seen. It would have been nice if there were a card I could put on my bed to indicate that I wanted the sheets changed, but there was nothing.

So, not sure I would do this one again... but I'm sure this will work for some who don't care about stained towels and sheets. Normally, I would rate this as Poor. But since the staff was so nice, I moved the rating to Average.

3  Thank Malie

Let me apologize for our failing to meet your expectations during your recent stay at our hotel. I have notified my Executive Housekeeper and have sent him a copy of your review, including the pictures. I can tell you that what you experienced is not typical of our hotel. I urge you to give us another chance at serving you. We appreciate your comments and I can assure you we'll work very hard at correcting them. Feel free to contact me if your have other concerns or suggestions.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

rudy the shuttle guy' is the best guy ever to help you with any transportation or with any questions you may have he was very very helpful person he needs a 5 star" ,overall we were very satisfied with the stay, the only thing is when you arrive at the motel the appearance of the lobby was a definate 3 star rating , but the room was not, i would give the room a no more than a 2 star rating,
Betty , from Alberta, canada'

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank splashes
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. We hope, on your next stay, we are able to change your mind on our rooms. Perhaps you will forward me your suggestions on what we could do to increase your rating. As for Rudy, I will pass on your comments to him. He takes great pride in providing the highest level of service to all our guests. I look forward to hearing from you soon and we all look forward to your next visit to our hotel. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Kevin at the front desk was very efficient. The bell captain was very helpful. On the 7th floor in the executive room Wanda and the young lady were very helpful and pleasant. The Mexican buffet was very good in the downstairs restaurant where we again saw Wanda and all staff were very courteous..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Kevin and Wanda are two of our very best when it comes to providing the highest level of guest service and I'm very pleased they performed at that level for you. I'll pass on your comments regarding the buffet to the Executive Chef. He'll be happy to hear them. We all hope you will return to our hotel soon. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Kevin and Marquise were just great, from the time I walked in to check in they were attentive, they knew what and how my paperwork should be filled out and they gave service with a smile and when I checked out they made sure my paperwork was in order.it was very nice to see two young me with good character. They are keepers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I am very pleased to hear that Kevin and Marquise were able to make your stay with us successful. They continually strive to provide the best service possible and your review indicates that they succeeded. Thank you for your review. I will post and share it will all our associates. We hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza Austin.