“It was very nice.”

Crowne Plaza Austin
Ranked #25 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Everyone was very nice, especially Astrid, who was helpful to me when I lost my key. There wasn't a free breakfast or dinner. Some of my friends received coupons for free breakfast and dinner, but they had to ask. Apparently, the more points you get the more perks they give you. They do deliver a complimentary newspaper (USA Today), and the swimming pool is nice.

Room Tip: There is no free breakfast or dinner. Although, they might give you some coupons if you ask. I wou...
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Austin

Reviewed August 25, 2011

this hotel is located in a very busy area! So for business it is great, for a family vacation it is not the place to go.

Nice rooms, good value, and very close to some fantastic places to eat. I love the Seafood Factory, the Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen as well as the Mexican Pappasito's Cantina

I did not like the hotel breakfast, nothing had any flavor and for the price it was a bust.

go to 6th street in Austin for a lively time and some history. Head to the lakeline mall in Cedar park for a great place to shop and let the kids loose in the Bouce house or across the street in "Jump Street" This is a great area for the family vacaiton.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Whenever I travel to Austin on business I stay at the Crowne Plaza. The hotel is clean, provides all the amenities you would expect from a business hotel, and the staff is always pleasant and helpful. If you can upgrade to the executive level I highly recommend it because the staff who run the executive lounge, Wanda and Louis, are superb and make your experience even better.

Room Tip: The 7th floor is the executive level and I would recommend upgrading if you can. Stay close to the...
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I have been coming to Austin on business and pleasure for many, many years. Fortunately for me, several years ago, the hotel I usually stayed in was booked solid, therefore, I booked a room at the Crown Plaza Hotel- Austin. What a stroke of luck for me. I have not stayed at any other hotel since.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here for three days while moving a family member to the U of T Law School. Everything about the hotel was nice; great beds, quiet, really good breakfast and late night bar food. We found this hotel thru a Trip Advisor recommendation, but it's a bit inconvenient for running back and forth to the campus- right off the freeway but the fwy system can be difficult to navigate. And the Austin traffic can be awful-it's easier to stay downtown.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed here for one night and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was well kept. The beds were extremely comfortable. And it was all for a very reasonable price. I personally want to express my gratitude to Gary, who assisted us during our check-in and even issued us two free drinks from the bar. He was very polite and helpful.

I will be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I had not every had the task of organizing 14 rooms and people before. I was pretty stressed out and had to make dozens of changes as new people were added to the list, some did not show up, etc. One time I was really frazzled and was sure the front desk had seen enough of me but I had to make more changes. I appologised to the guy at the desk- "Gary" was his name- but he just said he is happy to make as many changes as I need and to please let him know if there is any way they can help me. He even offered to call some of my people to help me. He noticed how much I had going on and went beyond just doing his job. He even gave me a drink ticket for the bar and said "when your done working today you can relax at the lounge have a drink on us". What a great guy to have on your side.

Room Tip: Seventh floor is the executive club access only but has a breakfast and evening food and drinks. Ge...
1  Thank CaptMichaelM