“Great Hotel, would stay again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown
Ranked #40 of 199 Hotels in Austin
San Antonio, TX
“Great Hotel, would stay again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

Arrived at the Radisson Hotel and found parking easily in their garage on the 3rd floor. Checked in at the Lobby was quick and easy, although they didn't seem as friendly once they realized I got this deal on Priceline. My room was great, with an awesome view of the Frost Tower downtown Austin. The sleep number beds were great, and even had an alarm clock with an iPhone dock to charge my phone BIG PLUS! The hotel concierge in the lobby Darrell was great with letting me know what restaurants were nearby and even gave me coupons to use at the ones he suggested. Ate at a place called Moonshine the first night and hands down one of the best restaurants of all time. Second night went to Maria Maria which is owned by Carlos Santana, another great restaurant. The hotel couldn't have been in a better location, only 3 block from the Austin convention center. Great location in terms of the Congress St. bridge behind the hotel where the bats are to be found at dusk. I felt completely safe in this hotel and where it was located in the downtown part of Austin. Overall, I got an amazing value and a great hotel! Would definitely recommend you stay here and Starbucks in the Lobby was another bonus! Too many things were right this weekend trip and it was a success!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Belleville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

The hotel rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable... but the view of the bridge to watch the bats is spectacular and really made our trip great. The hotel is conveniently located to many establishments. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

I immediately acknowledge that I booked this room through Hotwire, so the Radisson was not specifically obligated to provide me with a non-smoking room. However, after being excited to learn that our booking was at the perfectly located Radisson, I was shocked to discover the condition of the room that we were given. It smelled revolting and the curtains and furniture were stained and horrible looking. I can't believe that the hotel would have so little regard for the health of their staff and customers that they would leave a room - any room - in this condition. The extent of the smoke embedded in that room was atrocious. The fact that the hotel considered it appropriate for guests was shocking. We expressed our concern and disappointment at the time but were told that the hotel was full and they could offer us no alternative arrangement. A letter after the fact to the hotel produced a well intentioned email from the manager but absolutely nothing that attempted to compensate us for a ruined weekend. We avoided being in the hotel at all costs and could barely sleep in the room at all. We should have just shelled out the money to pay for a second room at another hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

I paid $80 for this 4 star hotel through http://Priceline.com. I looked on the website and it was $207 a regular night. Holy cheeto balls! That's outrageous. $80 is priced correctly for this hotel. Not worth $200 at all. I'd probably bump it down to a 31/2 star hotel not 4. Overall, not a horrible hotel. I probably won't stay here again just because I like to try different hotels everywhere I go. However, if you purchased a priceline deal and got this hotel, this is what you get.

+ Requested extra towels, they were brought up immediately
+ Check in and Check out was quick and easy
+ We got a remodeled double bed room facing the city. I was content about that because I was dreading an old green carpeted room from reviews I've read.
+ Location was great. Close to Barton Springs and Whole foods market.

- You can still tell the hotel is old from the walls and bathroom but what can you do. It's an old hotel.
- Pool was closed a bit due to the rain
- Starbucks was closed unfortunately the weekend I went. What a bummer. My family and I were looking forward to it too. Sigh.
- Self parking was $15 but they charged me $20 on my card.

• Stayed September 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

The location is great. The building is on the old side, and the age showed in the bathroom, which was small. It didn't help that the dressing table (where the hairdryer was located) had been converted to the coffee area. So I had to do my hair over the coffee pot. Yuck. The bed (a Sleep Number) was comfy with lots of pillows. So I thought I was in for a good night's sleep. Wrong. Doors slammed until late in the night and again early in the morning. The traffic from the street was loud, all night long. At 4:00 some truck backing up was louder than an alarm clock. AC flipping on an off made weird noises. And I'm not a particularly light sleeper. Maybe things are better on the Town Lake side. It's also a little creepy that the doors from the parking garage onto the room floors aren't secured. You also have to pay for parking and internet ($25/night total), so what I thought was a good rate wasn't actually so good. Not a horrible experience, but I'm not rushing back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Radisson and really enjoyed the location and the hotel itself. We made our reservation through priceline.com and so were able to get a very good rate on our room. $79 a night I believe...plus taxes and fees...

Pros - Location, Comfortable Rooms, Nice and friendly staff,

If you're willing to walk to go to dinner or out on the town this hotel is close enough to do that, though being summer it is wise to wait a little while til the temperature drops a bit. Otherwise you are a very inexpensive cab ride from many fun places. Also, if the bats are showing up this is the best location to watch them from.

Our room was very comfortable and spacious. However, we did end up on the street side, not the lake side and there was road noise. We were on the 10th floor I believe so it didn't bother us too much.

The staff was very nice to us and this includes the TGI Fridays guys and the Starbucks Baristas.

Cons - PARKING LOT
The parking garage is difficult to navigate and we were in a small sedan. Additionally the valet's from time to time are a little reckless coming in and out of the garage. Many of the floors are reserved for either SUVs or valet which leaves only the top floors for everybody else...which brings me to the elevator. The elevator is SLOW and really the only 'effecient' means of getting in and out of the garage by foot. This isn't that big of a deal unless you are lugging your luggage in or out of the building and its a Texas summer.

Overall we had a great experience and would visit this hotel again. It met our needs and kept us happy and comfortable!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KHollyTX
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

We stayed at the Radisson so we would be in a good location to watch the bats and walk around downtown. The Hotel has a TGIF that looks out over the congress st bridge. It has great service. It also has a starbucks in the lobby. You can walk out the back of the hotel and stroll or jog along the river it's very pretty. The problems were the front desk staff is a little Rude in my opinion. Anytime we asked for directions, they looked at us like we were idiots. I asked several questions about the bats, where's the best place to see them, when, ect. the lady was rude and afterwards I was angry that she didn't tell us how late they had been coming out. we waited until 945 no bats. Other guests also said they never saw the bats. We also had to cal 2X to have our internet turned on in our room (which we pre-paid $10 a night) and finally after they cut us off the morning we were checking out I just gave up. It was so inconvenient since I needed to look up times on our last lunch/brunch destination and tour of the capitol.The Hotel was nice but the front desk staff needs a customer service lesson. The Valet were very nice they called cabs for us and seemed pleasant . The location was good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple