“Great location, street noisy”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown
Ranked #41 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Texas
“Great location, street noisy”
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Great location, go out the back door and you are on the lake trail. Free wifi in the lobby. Wish I had brought my earphones, we were on the 9th floor and the street noise kept me up.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Convenient to capitol and 6th street. Great view of lake from our room and room was spacious. Enjoyed the convenience of "Starbucks" on site and "Fridays". We had not eaten at Fridays for years and must say we were impressed at how fresh and good the food was in fact we ate there several times! Two downsides, check in was suppose to be at 3pm but our room was not ready until 4:30pm and there was alot of disturbing street noise at night. Would stay there again overall good value.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Arlington, TX
Reviewed December 15, 2008

Booked this hotel through Priceline and got a heck of a deal. After booking, I emailed the property to request a non-smoking king, and they had no problems accomodating us. They gave us a large corner room with many windows overlooking Town Lake and the Congress Street Bridge. We fully expected to be in the basement after our Priceline bid. We have never stayed at a Raddison, but were very impressed with this property. TGI Friday's and a Starbucks on site. Six street is a little too far to walk, but there are cabs and pedi-cabs (bicycle shuttles for two) available. Rooms were very clean, but a little "lived in". Carpet in the hallways needs to be replaced, and the parking garage elevator is a little slow. Be advised that self parking is $15 per night (valet $22) and internet service is $10 per night. Very friendly staff. Front desk and reservations were more than accomodating. Excellent room service and maid service. Newspaper at your door in the morning, and turn down service at night. We'll be back. Austin is such a fun town.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cajunav8tr
klumpy
Reviewed November 10, 2008

This hotel really wouldn't be all that bad. . If it cost about $50 a night. I booked through Hotwire for ~$110 a night and feel slightly ripped off. If I'd paid the normal price of about $220 I would want my money back and would be getting the hell out of here. The entrance and lobby look nice, but the rooms are maybe a notch above motel 8 (which I don't mind - when I'm paying motel 8 prices). Do yourself a favor and go to the Omni or Hilton if you want a really nice room downtown; or, if you want to save a little cash, go to the holiday inn.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed November 8, 2008

Overall not a bad stay if you can tolerate staff attitude. Room (10th floor) was quiet, spacious and clean. AC system very noisy, though. Front desk experience very good, they were more than helpful in finding a nice room for me. However, housekeeping "missed" my room two days in a row although I saw them on the floor. The manager to whom I spoke did not even apologize for this.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Looks like it's time for a complete re-do of the hotel rooms and suites. We had a suite on the 9th floor. Checked in on line from home and our room was ready well before the 3pm check in time. Carpet, living room furniture needed to be replaced. Visible stains, scratches and dents everywhere. Also, the TV's were quite small...need flat screens like all other hotels now have. The sleep number bed was very comfortable, as always. But hallway carpet througout has faded and shows wear and tear. All the other public rooms downstairs were just fine and the staff quite accomodating. Hotel is in a great location, so I hope Radisson can hold on to it, but for the price, please spruce up the rooms.

• Liked — Sleep number bed.
  • Disliked — Wear and tear of the room, needed updating.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank larjay62
Houston
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Do not stay here and especially don't valet with them. We went here to get away from Hurricane Ike and all the headache in Houston to have a nice weekend and all we got out of it was a stolen radar detector after we chose to valet at their hotel. We called the hotel to get a resolution and all we received was "It is not our fault or problem".

I usually stay at Marriott's and I have learned my lesson. I won't stay at another Radisson again, it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for nothing Radisson Town Lake.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — they like to steal
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple