“not a bad stay”

Ranked #39 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Berkeley, CA
“not a bad stay”
Reviewed November 8, 2008

Overall not a bad stay if you can tolerate staff attitude. Room (10th floor) was quiet, spacious and clean. AC system very noisy, though. Front desk experience very good, they were more than helpful in finding a nice room for me. However, housekeeping "missed" my room two days in a row although I saw them on the floor. The manager to whom I spoke did not even apologize for this.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Looks like it's time for a complete re-do of the hotel rooms and suites. We had a suite on the 9th floor. Checked in on line from home and our room was ready well before the 3pm check in time. Carpet, living room furniture needed to be replaced. Visible stains, scratches and dents everywhere. Also, the TV's were quite small...need flat screens like all other hotels now have. The sleep number bed was very comfortable, as always. But hallway carpet througout has faded and shows wear and tear. All the other public rooms downstairs were just fine and the staff quite accomodating. Hotel is in a great location, so I hope Radisson can hold on to it, but for the price, please spruce up the rooms.

• Liked — Sleep number bed.
  • Disliked — Wear and tear of the room, needed updating.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank larjay62
Houston
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Do not stay here and especially don't valet with them. We went here to get away from Hurricane Ike and all the headache in Houston to have a nice weekend and all we got out of it was a stolen radar detector after we chose to valet at their hotel. We called the hotel to get a resolution and all we received was "It is not our fault or problem".

I usually stay at Marriott's and I have learned my lesson. I won't stay at another Radisson again, it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for nothing Radisson Town Lake.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — they like to steal
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2008

My family and I decided to take a quick weekend trip to Austin. We picked this hotel because of it's location to the Congress Street bridge. My kids wanted to watch the bats fly in the evening. The location is great for bat watching and within walking distance for entertainment. However, the room need to be updated. The windows were dirty and it had that "typical" hotel look. It does have sleep number beds which is a plus. Overall, the stay was OK, but nothing to make me want to go back. You can walk down to the bridge and watch the bats. I would have liked a little bit nicer room.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Needs updating
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Austin, TX
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I had the worst experience I've ever had at any hotel at this one. I booked my brother and his new wife a suite the night of their wedding and my other brother booked a couple of rooms for us and some friends. First, they confused our reservations. Heaven forbid two people with like last names make reservations for the same night. Second, while checking in I asked the woman at the front desk if they validated for parking and handed her my parking ticket, in the confusion of their screwing up our reservations she never gave it back to me. When I remembered it later and went down to pick it up, instead of giving me back my original ticket, they gave me a "Guest Parking Pass" and charged my bill $15 extra. I argued that it would have been nice to be warned about such a high parking price when making the reservation and they simply said one should expect it downtown. The next day, when leaving, my brothers who arrived at the same time paid half as much for parking using their original tickets. I got charged twice as much because I bothered to let the Radisson staff know I was their customer than if I had been some random person off the street using their garage. I've called to complain and request a credit 3 times and have been thoroughly brushed off by the staff. I have a list of other complaints, but this was the one that crossed the line. Do not stay here! Service is horrible!!

• Liked — That it ended
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
wausau WI
Reviewed July 21, 2008

this is a really nice place that could use some maintenance. The location is the best part. Right downtown near the Bat Bridge and right on the little river and the river walkway. Bad news is there is nothing but fancy downtown restaurants to eat at. They have a Hotel restaurant but it is not cheap. A hamburger and drink will set you back 10 dollars as will the in room internet.

The staff was nice though and the room was clean. Some sort of door closers would be nice as I could hear doors slamming at bad hours.
The other thing would be some maintenance. My room had ripped wallpaper and an outlet that had a big gap next to it. A wall lamp had a short in it and shocked me when I tried to turn it on, and the curtains had several holes in them.

I reported the lamp thing to the girl at the desk and she seemed genuinely concerned.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — The Maintenance
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2008

We booked this room through Priceline and when we arrived at the hotel they only had smoking rooms. The hotel staff offered to spray the room to mask the smoke odor, which did not work. We were told repeatedly by the Front Desk staff not to book through Priceline because you don't get to choose your room type. We have booked rooms for years with Priceline and have never had a problem. Everytime we had an issue (no alarm clock, non-working coffee maker, etc.) with the front desk we were told next time don't book through Priceline. They should not accept Priceline bids if they are going to treat these guests in an inferior manner. To add insult to injury...received my credit card statement and there was a $150 charge for the Radisson which is now in dispute, quite the hassle for a mediocre stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Smoking Rooms
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends