“solid hotel”

Ranked #36 of 200 Hotels in Austin
cave creek, az
“solid hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2006

This is the my second time staying at this hotel and it was perfect. The location is great. The services at the front desk, restaurant and coffee area were excellent. Rooms were good size with a very comfy bed. My only negative is that the valet parking was very expensive. Next time I am in on business I will stay there again.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — valet charges were high
  • Tips/Secrets — great place to stay when doing business in Austin
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank amkull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Indonesian first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2006

We stayed at this hotel over July 4th weekend. We got a last minute deal through Travelocity, so I don't know exactly what we paid per night, but we had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel is only two blocks away from 6th Street, and is walking distance from the Warehouse district, the Congress Ave. Bridge, and the State Capitol. Our room wasn't shabby at all. Everything seemed to be in great shape except the coffee maker, which had seen some use. I requested a new one and received one within 15 minutes. The morning we left, I ordered room service breakfast so I wouldn't have to eat at the airport. Breakfast arrived at the very beginning of the time slot I had requested, and although it was just a basic contental breakfast, it was delicoius and well-presented and well worth the small expense. We had a room with an atrium view, which was fine.

My only complaint about the room was the poor placement of electrical outlets. There was really only one outlet you could use to charge your phone, laptop, etc. This was an issue for my husband and I, who have a lot of gagdgets to charge at night. This also made it so that the only convenient place to plug in the iron was in the bathroom. I ended up running the cord out of the bathroom into the little hallway, where there wasn't much light. There also weren't any convenient vending machines, which is a small quibble; I guess the hotel wanted us to raid the wet bar for overpriced drinks and munchies.

Anyway, overall we had a great experience at the Omni, and we would stay there again if we returned to Austin.

• Stayed July 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2006

In a nutshell:

-clean
-comfortable
-extremely friendly and efficient service
-great location
-yes, the rooms are a little tired, but for the price and location it is a good deal.
-rooftop pool/jacuzzi great!

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank NewEnglandGirl
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2006

We were in Austin for only two nights, so I pricelined this hotel for $84. The room was clean and quiet, and the hotel is within easy walking distance to 6th street.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank stacde
Ashland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2006

I stayed at the Omni with a few of my friends for 3 nights for a wedding in Austin. I was very pleased with the service and quality of the hotel.

Pros:
- Very friendly staff
- Consierge was very attentive and welcoming
- Front desk was helpful and knowledgable
- When you called for towels, they were at your door in minutes
- Great patio on the roof with a pool and hottub. Very fun and relaxing.
- Fast elevators
- Great food in the lobby, nice restaurants and bar area
- Close to 6th street and many other downtown locations

Cons:
- The room felt like a motel 6

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank northendmoon
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2006

I stayed for three nights on the Club Level. I do not understand other objections to this hotel (though my experience was limited to Club floor).

The room was not huge, but it was nicely appointed with good lighting, nice sheets and comforter, good water pressure (14th floor), good selection of TV channels. The AC was good.

The only slight lapse was when housekeeping one day neglected to replace my coffee packet. But it did not much matter since there was coffee just down the hall in the Club lounge.

The Club lounge is smallish, but the breakfast spread is nice (inc. breakfast tacos) and the happy hour (wine+beer+food) was good.

The staff were uniformly friendly and efficient. Room service was fine.

The pool was a fine lap pool (outdoor, on the roof, but heated.) But it would not be a great place for kids to play.

I would gladly return to this property.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank observer900
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2006

I paid $169/night and was happy with the hotel and it's location. 6th Street is right around the corner and it's close to I-35. Rooms are not super luxe but are nice and well kept. Very helpful staff. Property doesn't seem as beat up as some reviews make it out to sound. It's a 3-star hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business