“Outstanding Service”

Ranked #40 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Omaha
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This Omni property is at the top of the list for attentive and outstanding customer service! This dedication to providing the best service to their customers has been upheld over several stays at this property.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Indonesian first
San Luis Obispo, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very nicely furnished rooms. Good and speedy service. Linens, towels, room service was excellent. I just had one minor problem with noise coming from adjoining room and outside music even though I was on the 11th floor.

Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I recently stayed at the Omni Austin for a conference and have no complaints about my stay. My room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this as a great place to stay in Austin. I will say that the value of my room for my stay was fantastic because I received a conference rate, which was cheaper then what they offer to the every day casual traveler. Either way it's worth looking into. Enjoy your stay!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at the Omni in downtown Austin for a business trip. The service at the hotel was great! They were very attentive to our needs. The location was very convenient to walk to any venue downtown. I will definitely stay here again when I go to Austin.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for posting your positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Omni in Downtown Austin is one of the great Stays in Texas... I have stayed here more than a dozen times and each time the "Omni Tribe" makes us feel as we are the only guest in the whole hotel and it is our home.. try it you will be amazed DJ

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I recently spent 3 nights at the Omni in Austin. The staff was friendly and helpful (above and beyond what I expected). One night, I had terrible heartburn and the concierge made me a glass of chocolate milk! How can you not love that?!
My only complaint is that they don't have a spa as I was looking forward to a facial and massage. Not a complaint as much as an observation, but I noticed the fixtures in the bathroom were dated and not as nice as you would expect at a hotel of their caliber.
I read several reviews about the noise level, but I never noticed that at all. Our room faced 6th street, so I was worried about the noise, but I could only hear it if I went to the window and listened for it.
This was my 2nd stay at the Omni Austin Downtown, and I'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2014

For some reason, I was under the impression that Omnis were a bit above Hilton, Sheraton, etc. This one is just like any other big hotel chain, there's nothing special about it, and there were some lame things that happened during our stay. After I received an email from the loyalty ambassador in advance of my stay, inviting me to write back with any questions or issues before my arrival, I did write. However, no one ever wrote back to me. Also, the internet connection was pitiful. The concierge provided poor recommendations for places to eat (don't go to the Pecan Street Cafe) and, after making a big deal of the complimentary morning beverage, it never actually showed up. The only good thing I have to say is that the location is pretty good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Dorothy M
We appreciate the constructive feedback from your recent visit and sincerely apologize for the lapses in service from several departments during your stay. We hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity in the future to provide you with a more satisfactory stay.