“Perfect Location!”

Ranked #42 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Frisco, Texas
“Perfect Location!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I recently spent 3 nights at the Omni in Austin. The staff was friendly and helpful (above and beyond what I expected). One night, I had terrible heartburn and the concierge made me a glass of chocolate milk! How can you not love that?!
My only complaint is that they don't have a spa as I was looking forward to a facial and massage. Not a complaint as much as an observation, but I noticed the fixtures in the bathroom were dated and not as nice as you would expect at a hotel of their caliber.
I read several reviews about the noise level, but I never noticed that at all. Our room faced 6th street, so I was worried about the noise, but I could only hear it if I went to the window and listened for it.
This was my 2nd stay at the Omni Austin Downtown, and I'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Indonesian first
Austin, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2014

For some reason, I was under the impression that Omnis were a bit above Hilton, Sheraton, etc. This one is just like any other big hotel chain, there's nothing special about it, and there were some lame things that happened during our stay. After I received an email from the loyalty ambassador in advance of my stay, inviting me to write back with any questions or issues before my arrival, I did write. However, no one ever wrote back to me. Also, the internet connection was pitiful. The concierge provided poor recommendations for places to eat (don't go to the Pecan Street Cafe) and, after making a big deal of the complimentary morning beverage, it never actually showed up. The only good thing I have to say is that the location is pretty good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Dorothy M
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
We appreciate the constructive feedback from your recent visit and sincerely apologize for the lapses in service from several departments during your stay. We hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity in the future to provide you with a more satisfactory stay.
Seguin, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We used the Omni Downtown Austin as our wedding headquarters for our Austin area wedding. The staff and hotel were excellent! The hotel was able to accommodate all of our requests and needs in a professional and friendly manner making a crazy time like a wedding weekend be enjoyable and relaxing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Chicago
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great location, great restaurant (especially the "Flan" desert), and all accommodations. An excellent value of all things that factor into value. My wife is always looking for some place that is fantastic, and I am typically looking to avoid paying for some fancy name. This Omni is a good balance of 1st class facility at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
We're pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay and especially the Flan. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Foodwino
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great location, beautiful looking, poor design of bed location on upper floor suites you can hear everything between connecting door and if you are in outside room you can hear music and noise all night. Had no hot water one morning which was not resolved for hours.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Please accept our sincere apologies for the noise and water temperature issues you encountered during your visit. We value your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a more comfortable experience in the future.
Houston, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked this hotel (king suite) hoping to impress my husband for his 40th birthday. We were rather underwhelmed by the staff, and service... and the pool was filthy(cups and garbage floating in the water). Location was good, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Meghan L. S
We appreciate you taking time to post your feedback. We're very sorry to hear the customer service of our staff was lacking. Please know your experience did not reflect our customary standards. In addition, we're very sorry the pool area was not promptly serviced after the high winds experienced over the weekend. We thank you for your honest review and hope you will reconsider and return.
eclarkebu
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Omni Austin Downtown is in a perfect - albeit noisy - spot in Austin. Very central to all neighborhoods. It's proximity to 6th Street makes for a very noisy night (if you have a room facing the street). The hotel itself is fairly standard - atrium lobby, nondescript decor/personality. Felt like your average business hotel. The rooms, while very clean, are ready for an update. The nineties wants their furniture back. All that said, the staff was exceptionally helpful and for the price it's a fine hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the streets are very noisy at night. If you want a quiet stay, request a room facing t...