“Still your best bet in Downtown Austin”

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
Ranked #39 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Austin has a dynamic hotel situation. When the town is full, which is often, all of the four star hotels are expensive for what you get. Generally, the Omni will be your best bet for a true four star hotel downtown. Quality of furnishings, linens, towels and service are a cut above everything but the Four Seasons and maybe the W, both of which will usually be 70% higher. The Omni comes awfully close on the quality front at a good price. The restaurant is undistinguished, but the bar is surprisingly pleasant (given that is it in the middle of a ten story atrium) and has a nice menu. Safe, secure underground self parking is great (and unusual in Austin). Internet service is not very good. Excellent service from an attentive, well trained staff. Room service is prompt and of good quality.

Room Tip: Choose an "atrium view" room to avoid the 6th street noise. Business lounge is not worth...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

We truly appreciate your support and thank you for taking time to post a review. We look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,935)

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Lovely relaxing atmosphere and a very soothing and inviting room to enjoy at the end of your business day. Staff who are more than willing to accomodate your needs and make your stay with them a nice homecoming.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Located near the city's vibrant entertainment area, be prepared to hear the boom-boom-boom of overly-loud bass loudspeakers in the nearby late-night clubs. If you like rhythmic booming and walls vibrating with noise, this is your place.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We value both positive and constructive comments. Due to our location in the entertainment district, we do monitor city noise levels and report all violations. Please know that the comfort of our guests is very important and we hope you will return.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

PRO: Check-in was super friendly and made you feel welcome.
PRO: Location, right downtown within walking distance of food, shopping, etc.

CON: Room. I was "upgraded" to the "quiet floor" requiring key card access and a "queen" bed. Asked if a King as a available and was told no, but I'm getting one of their "recently updated" rooms.. much better is what I was told. It was a shoebox next to the elevator with super thin walls. I'm actually typing this at 3:45am because of no sleep tonight. EVERY person who gets off the elevator you hear their conversation as they go by. Then, I get the drunk party people trying to get into my room by banging and banging (wrong room obviously). I go to call the front desk, but the phone doesn't work in the room. The prongs on the cord are broke. I am able to hold the cord in manually to make the call to the font desk, but the person on the other end can't hear me, I can only hear him. I try to call 4 times.. each time he keeps saying "hello... hello.. anyone there?". I lay back down while I hear the drunk people wondering the floor thinking surely the front desk will send someone since a room just called them over and over, but they weren't able to be heard. Nope... front desk didn't sent anyone to check. So, finally, I went out into the hall to use the house phone to call the front desk to have Security come up and deal with the drunks.

SUMMARY: Look, I get the hotel is near 6th street and drunks come back from partying and that the hotel addressed it with their noise policy and security (that's what the management of this property will write back to this review as they have to many others below). That's only part of the problem. The bigger problem is 1) the broken phone, 2) the desk didn't send anyone after a guest called 4 times and was unable to be heard - glad I wasn't needing medical attention, 3) the lamp was broken, 4) the duvet cover was ripped, 5) the walls are paper thin, 6) the room was a shoebox with a queen bed, 7) internet was SLOW. All in all, PLENTY of choices for 4 start hotels in downtown Austin. Check them out.. they have never disappointed me like this place (first and last time at the Omni). For similar price, check out The W, The Driskill, heck even the Sheraton.

Room Tip: I was in the "recently updated" room and had problems, so I guess definitely avoid the &qu...
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Professional and friendly staff, fabulous food, great service, comfortable rooms, tasteful designs and convenient location - this hotel's staff has a wonderful customer service attitude. There is a great attention to decor and detail throughout the facility. This was my first trip to Austin and my stay here was enhanced by my hotel choice.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My 3 friends and I travelled to Austin for a birthday celebration. We stayed on the club floor of the Omni - it was definitely a great experience. The service alone would make me want to come back to the hotel. Very comfortable rooms - clean, incredible beds, spacious. The staff was incredible - at the desk, on the club floor, and throughout our stay. I'd highly recommend the hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This hotel is great in all aspects but location, parking and Internet Access. I just wish my reservation told me that they had a parking garage underneath the building. Had to pay to park down the street was not informed ahead a time since ive never stayed there before. **Watch out!!! This hotel is not the place to blow a buch of money of convience and you still have to pay $14 dollars for internet access a night! Should be a standard now i can go into any $50 a night hotel and get free internet. Starbuks has free internet and i dont have to even buy anything!>

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

We appreciate you taking time to share feedback from your recent stay. We do offer complimentary wifi in our Lobby for all guests and if you are a member of our Select Guest Program, we also offer this complimentary service in guestrooms. In regards to parking, unfortunately due to the limited parking in the downtown area, most hotels do charge for parking and our pricing is competitive. We hope you will return as we value your patronage.