“Best one night stay!”

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
Ranked #43 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was our second stay at the Omni--I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice hotel that is close to downtown. A special shout out to Kayley Greenday, a fellow Virginian and VT graduate, who had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne waiting for us when we got back from dinner. My only "complaint" if you will is with the Omni policy that doesn't allow points when you book through expedia.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The Omni's location is perfect for an Austin visit. We had a two bedroom suite for myself, my wife and one adult daughter. This ended up costing us less than two regular rooms (under a special hotel package). The hotel was beautiful with all the ammenities. Other than some internet issues, it was a perfect stay!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Met and exceeded expectations. We were treated royally and received extras we had not expected. We stayed in a lovely room with a bed that was like sleeping on a cloud. We love the coffee service delivered to our door at time requested (Loyalty Members)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

We're pleased to hear you experienced a comfortable and memorable stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Visit the Omni in downtown Austin every chance you get! All the staff are wonderful and it's just a short walk to the Capitol, 6th Street and just a cab's ride away from the LBJ Presidential Library! thanks for another great stay!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

very nice hotel located in the middle of Austin close to a veritety of eating and music venues room was very clean and awesome few of city. The parking in the garage was a little steep 20 dollars a night but that keeps your car safe.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a room at this hotel to attend his company Holiday party which was also taking place there. When I initially looked at booking a room it was about $154 per night for a basic room on their website. Luckily he got a discounted price for $99 per night. After staying at the hotel I think it is worth about $99 per night definitely not over $200.

The hotel is nice but I didn't see anything particularly special about it. I noticed there wasn't an official check in desk. They were sitting at tables and office chairs. I am going to assume there's some type of construction going on and that's why there's no legit check in. Upon check in they make you sign a paper that you'll be quiet after 10:30 or something. They have security and the police walking around the hotel at night so be ware, they are serious.

The room itself was average but was just big enough for 2 people. The mini fridge has decent prices for alcohol in my opinion. I didn't notice anything dirty or worn. Definitely put on the robe in the closet, it's pretty comfy. They should provide house shoes as well, that would have made my night. The bed is comfy. Our room was on a corner near the elevators and we did not hear any noise from people In the hallway that night despite there being a party in the hotel. The TVs in the hotels aren't very good quality and despite what you read, the Internet is not free.

I ordered room service around 2am. It came pretty quickly. The food was just ok. The chicken tenders didn't seem fresh but the fries were alright. They do give you a good amount of food. I can always count on room service for good size portions.

We did self parking for $20 which isn't too bad since the hotel is located downtown. It's a good location if you want to go to 6th. I think it's 1 or 2 blocks away.

I've stayed at luxury resorts and cheap hotels so I feel like my opinion is pretty well rounded. This hotel is pretty decent but I would have been mad if I paid $150 for that basic room. Try to get a room at a good price before booking. There are other hotels in the area for better prices.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Booked a last minute 1 night saturday night stay at the Omni and didn't spend a whole lot of time at the hotel, but it got the job done. Fairly easy to get in and out of and I self parked in their underground garage which comes with in and out access.

Location is pretty good, right around the corner from walking the bars of 6th street. Service was friendly at check in and room requests were met. Room was decent size (for a downtown location hotel) and comfortable. Shower had good water pressure and hot water! Hotel offers turndown service which is always a nice touch.

The breakfast/brunch buffet on the 1st floor looked pretty decent, although I didn't try it since we already had other plans in place the next morning. Perhaps the only facet of the stay that I wasn't crazy about were the perpetual long waits for the elevator. There's 4 elevators to service the hotel and they just don't see to be enough (or fast enough). There's also 1 elevator dedicated to the penthouse or higher floors that is card key controlled. The waits can be long in the morning prior to checkout time to go up or down the elevators so keep that in mind.

In any case, this is a hotel I'd return to again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends