“good time had”

Ranked #42 of 203 Hotels in Austin
kearney, United States
“good time had”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

very nice hotel located in the middle of Austin close to a veritety of eating and music venues room was very clean and awesome few of city. The parking in the garage was a little steep 20 dollars a night but that keeps your car safe.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a room at this hotel to attend his company Holiday party which was also taking place there. When I initially looked at booking a room it was about $154 per night for a basic room on their website. Luckily he got a discounted price for $99 per night. After staying at the hotel I think it is worth about $99 per night definitely not over $200.

The hotel is nice but I didn't see anything particularly special about it. I noticed there wasn't an official check in desk. They were sitting at tables and office chairs. I am going to assume there's some type of construction going on and that's why there's no legit check in. Upon check in they make you sign a paper that you'll be quiet after 10:30 or something. They have security and the police walking around the hotel at night so be ware, they are serious.

The room itself was average but was just big enough for 2 people. The mini fridge has decent prices for alcohol in my opinion. I didn't notice anything dirty or worn. Definitely put on the robe in the closet, it's pretty comfy. They should provide house shoes as well, that would have made my night. The bed is comfy. Our room was on a corner near the elevators and we did not hear any noise from people In the hallway that night despite there being a party in the hotel. The TVs in the hotels aren't very good quality and despite what you read, the Internet is not free.

I ordered room service around 2am. It came pretty quickly. The food was just ok. The chicken tenders didn't seem fresh but the fries were alright. They do give you a good amount of food. I can always count on room service for good size portions.

We did self parking for $20 which isn't too bad since the hotel is located downtown. It's a good location if you want to go to 6th. I think it's 1 or 2 blocks away.

I've stayed at luxury resorts and cheap hotels so I feel like my opinion is pretty well rounded. This hotel is pretty decent but I would have been mad if I paid $150 for that basic room. Try to get a room at a good price before booking. There are other hotels in the area for better prices.

Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Booked a last minute 1 night saturday night stay at the Omni and didn't spend a whole lot of time at the hotel, but it got the job done. Fairly easy to get in and out of and I self parked in their underground garage which comes with in and out access.

Location is pretty good, right around the corner from walking the bars of 6th street. Service was friendly at check in and room requests were met. Room was decent size (for a downtown location hotel) and comfortable. Shower had good water pressure and hot water! Hotel offers turndown service which is always a nice touch.

The breakfast/brunch buffet on the 1st floor looked pretty decent, although I didn't try it since we already had other plans in place the next morning. Perhaps the only facet of the stay that I wasn't crazy about were the perpetual long waits for the elevator. There's 4 elevators to service the hotel and they just don't see to be enough (or fast enough). There's also 1 elevator dedicated to the penthouse or higher floors that is card key controlled. The waits can be long in the morning prior to checkout time to go up or down the elevators so keep that in mind.

In any case, this is a hotel I'd return to again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, TX, United States
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Christmas week rented one regular room and a suite on the Concierge Floor for my family. GM closed Concierge Lounge because there weren't enough customers on the floor to keep it open. Going to the lobby is not a good replacement for the Concierge Lounge (that I paid for). Hotel was also remodeling - closing the regular restaurant, moving service to the Bar area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thanks very much for commenting. We did close ur club level for the few days around Christmas due to low occupancy. We did offer our guests complimentary breakfast and evening happy hour in our lobby lounge as compensation. We are pleased that we are remodeling the public spaces in the hotel. The new renovations look spactacular and will be enjoyed by all of our guests.
maryland
Reviewed December 27, 2013

As one who normally chooses Hilton family properties, I was very impressed with this hotel. My husband & friends made the reservations so I wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel itself is very clean but was under renovation on the lobby/restaurant area when we were there. All staff we encountered were very nice, helpful & friendly. Housekeeping was attentive. The 3 downsides have already been mentioned by others but I will state them again: 1) charge for internet and 2) no drink or snack machines and 3) rather high fee for parking. I would definitely stay here again if we ever returned to Austin.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for your new patronage with Omni Hotels and appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

All around nice stay. Very conveniently located. We were there during the holidays and the entrance lobby smelled like Christmas :) Staff members were all very friendly and welcoming. Had breakfast at Anchos and our waiter was really nice. I'm happy with our choice to stay at the Omni, would recommend it to others and would definitely return if we end up traveling to Austin again.

Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Lovely stay for a week. Good staff, great room, pool on top has nice views- my favourite downtown hotel in Austin. Convenient, always a pleasure. More attention needed on their menu- odd selection - their food selection needs to match the quality of the hotel. Take off the trio of salsa if all 3 salsas suck. It's too much bar food and not enough 'supper' food. All in all I will be back

• Stayed December 2013
We appreciate the feedback from your recent stay. We do offer a full dinner menu in all of our Outlets, including our Lobby Lounge Bar. We're sorry for any miscommunication involving your options. We do value your input, both positive and negative, and look forward to your next visit.