“Business stay in Austin” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni Austin Hotel Downtown

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
Ranked #38 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Abilene, Texas
“Business stay in Austin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I walked in and my room had a glorious view not only from the bedroom but also from the bathroom!! It was spectacular.

The food service was half an hour late the second morning and they seemed to be having elevator issues one afternoon when we returned after our meeting. Only one elevator (of the 3) was working so we had quite a long wait. But I suppose every big hotel has issues like these at some point.

The restaurant was excellent. Had a steak and it was as good as another I had at an expensive restaurant downtown. Their salad bar is very good also.

All in all, it was a very good stay.

Room Tip: My corner room had the big window in the bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your guestroom accommodations. We would like to extend our apologies for the delay involving your room service order as a result of one of our elevators undergoing emergency repairs. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with our customary service. Thank you again for posting your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Indonesian first
Seattle WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for the first time. Rooms were spotless and filled with ample amenities. Beds were comfortable and rooms were quiet. Hotel is located right downtown and you can walk to all the bars and great restaurants. Staff was friendly and overly attentive. I like the underground self parking option as I had a rental car. Bar was open late and I enjoyed a cold cocktail there. I got a good deal on Priceline. Just booked my next stay directly with hotel for a great price. Would highly recommend for business travelers or anyone wanting to be near the action of downtown Austin

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking time to post such a positive review. We value your patronage as a return customer and look forward to the next opportunity to exceed your expectations.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel. It was beautiful, clean, and in a great location. We will be staying here every time we come to Austin. Plus, the guest service manager, Robert King made our stay extra special. My husband was sick, and Robert went out and got the medicines he needed, and even brought a bag of m&m's as well. Personal service like that makes a guest feel very welcome and valued!!

The hotel was very clean, which is really important to me. And I thought the rates were very fair.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and in particular, the customer service of our Guest Services Manager. We hope your husband is in better health and look forward to welcoming you home during your next visit!
Warren, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This Omni is fairly old but so meticulously maintained that it seems more classic and retro than outdated. The cleanliness and service was spot on and provided for a very nice stay.

Check in was fast and friendly. I received free internet and morning coffee for being a member of their club (Omni Select I believe). I was given a room on the 4th floor and was allowed to check in about 45 minutes early.

Upon arriving at my room the room attendant was just finishing up cleaning. She apologized profusely and offered to see about getting me breakfast for my troubles. I told her not to worry at all. She was friendly, personable, and I enjoyed talking with her for the 10 minutes or so that she was wrapping up her cleaning.

Like I said, this hotel has been around for a long time judging by some of the furnishings. Perhaps a bit outdated but everything was so well cared for and clean that it would really be a shame to replace it. The bed was comfortable, carpet was clean and a nice flat screen tv provided that received programming in actual HD.

The bathroom was also older but clean and inviting. I wasn't a fan of the "little too feminine" smell of the soap but that's a matter of personal preference (I did smell quite pretty).

The morning coffee was delivered on time and was very good coffee. The included apple was a nice touch as well.

The location of this Omni can't be beat. Right in the heart of the best part of downtown.

Very nice hotel, very nice service, and very nice employees allow me to highly recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank michtraveler1969
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding cleanliness, guestroom accommodations and customer service of our staff. We appreciate your patronage as a Select Guest member and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were looking to give our bachelor the time of life for his exclusive weekend and for a tight schedule, Austin appeared quite promising, with it's New Orleans-esque nightlife, food options, and lively atmosphere. Being a member of a competing frequent guest club, I looked at their properties first but was not impressed. Then, a cursory review of nice downtown properties yielded this gem. We booked the two-bedroom executive/presidential suite, which is literally the best hotel room I have ever stayed in, bar none.

Booking: Very easy. If you're booking a Presidential / Executive suite they may ask you to call to confirm the reservation. At least we did. This was done easily 2 days before our trip, and took all of 5 minutes, including a brief hold to reach the appropriate person. You can join a free "special guest" club and thus entitle yourself to free internet in-room (huge).

Initial impressions: Like other downtown hotels, steel and glass abound with a multi-level foyer upon which several of the rooms look out. Hotel appears that it was initially built in the 80s or early 90s but doesn't appear dated. Bellhops were friendly on this busy night although we politely declined their offers. Check-in was easy and done with a smile. Note that if you park in the hotel garage, there is something like a $20-30/nightly charge which is reasonable given location. It was well worth it with several people and since just about all the downtown
attractions are within reasonable walking distance. Valet is extra.

Room: The executive level suites are served by a separate elevator that bypasses the first 18 or whatever rooms. Our suite consisted of two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a common room/living room with sink and refrigerator in the middle. A 'personalized' welcome letter from the manager was a nice touch. Decor is tasteful, with dark woods and soft blacks, browns, and off-whites are the theme. Lighting is plentiful but warm, and hooray for no fluorescent lights. Bathrooms were two shower pods, no tub (I think you can get a soaking tub in another room). Beds were extremely comfortable. Of course, the mini-fridges were full of personal-size goodies with a family-size price for consuming them so we eschewed those. There is decent in-room coffee and tea.

Restaurant: Can't comment because we ate out each night. There are at least 2 or 3 restaurants on-site and a Starbucks in the lobby.

Check-out: Very easy, just dropped our room cards off. Like nearly every other property, they drop off an itemized list of charges the night before. Everything on our bill was correct.

I love Austin and would certainly stay here again. Definitely one of the 5 best hotels in town. Keep up the amazing work, Omni.

Room Tip: Call before your actual trip and see if cheaper rates are available.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed one of our newly renovated suites and the customer service of our staff. We hope that the next time you are in Austin, you'll give us the opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you again for your valuable comments.
Solana Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I never wanted to leave this wonderful hotel!

I was traveling on military orders and so stayed on the government rate. Even though I was paying less than their average customer, the staff went above and beyond to treat me wonderfully. When I arrived they upgraded me to an executive suite - huge walk-in shower, incredibly comfortable bed, and a balcony with a great view of the city.

The location is amazing - just about a block off 6th street, and walking distance to anything you could want. I ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant - they have a buffet with an omelette station which looked delicious - though I chose instead the Belgian waffle plate. Covered in fresh berries, the waffle was one of the best I've had. All the restaurant staff was attentive and friendly.

While everything about this hotel is wonderful, the front staff is really the crown jewel. Everytime I approached them with a request, they were incredibly friendly and quick to respond. I attempted to extend my stay, but they had no rooms available. After I left, they called to make sure that I had found other accommodations and made sure to invite me back at any time. I will definitely make sure to visit again the next time I'm in Austin!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We're pleased to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations! We thank you for the glowing comments regarding our staff and food quality. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We arrived Saturday afternoon at around 4:30 and were told the room wasn't ready and front desk manager was extremely nice and professional. She took us to the lobby bar for couple of drinks and an appetizer and within 15min, the room was ready. First of all, the hotel design is awesome, and you can stay forever in the lobby without feeling bored. Our club room was above our expectations. The only thing I could fault is the small club lounge which I expected a hotel like Omni to surprise me with their lounge. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I come back to Austin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We value your feedback and we're happy to hear you'll return in the future. We appreciate your continued patronage.