“Good Location”

Ranked #42 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Maryland
“Good Location”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We chose this hotel because of it's location and weren't disappointed. It was walking distance to the Capital Building and the famous 6th Street. The hotel caterers to the business traveler so it's quiet and professional. We opted for a room with Club Privileges and weren't disappointed. The room was large with a great view. Climate control worked well and bed linens were nice. We opted to valet park the car, which made it convenient. Check-in was quick and they made us feel very welcomed. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your stay. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our central location, Club Level amenities and customer service of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Indonesian first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Check-in was a breeze, stayed with my sister/dad for one night. Took a cab to Frank Erwin Center and back - walked to 6th street/4th street. Parked across the street from entrance for $5 per day to avoid hotel valet fees. Booked thru Priceline.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We thank you for your positive comments and hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Rooms were very clean, no stains, no hairs in the bathroom, no funky smells! We only stayed one night but everything and everyone was very nice. The bellboys were probably the nicest. Carried my bags from the moment I walked out the door and then the 15 steps to my car lol! Very nice. Only complaint is the waitresses at the bar never came to take our order, they were talking at the bar, so we had to go to the bar to order... Minor inconvenience, no big deal!

• Stayed February 2013
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback from your recent visit. Our apologies for the unacceptable lack of service in our Lobby Lounge. We appreciate your valuable input so that we may address these types of issues and rectify immediately. Your patronage is important to us and we hope you will stay with us again in the near future.
DFW, TX
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

As the other reviews mentioned, this property has a great location in downtown, but the hotel itself is only average. The rooms are nicely appointed; however the walls are so thin that it sounds as if your neighbor is actually in your room. I could hear conversations of the guest next door to my room when they were using a normal tone of voice. They didn't even have to tell or scream. Unfortunately I was woken up at 6am in Monday morning by a phone call to my room from woman claiming to be the GM of the hotel. She said the hotels computer system went down overnight and she was asking me for my credit card # and other details. I of course did not give it to her as I would not have given my cc # to anyone over the phone. I called the hotel the next day to ask about this and apparently it is a scam; however he mentioned that the front desk should not have put the call through to my room without the caller knowing my room number and name. Considering I paid for my hotel thru Priceline, this was another flag. It's possible a hotel staff member is a part of this scam and assist with this.

• Stayed February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here during SXSW and it's a fantastic location. Very easy walk to the convention center and the bars on 6th Street but far enough away to have a quiet night's sleep. The staff is fantastic, very friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. I'd definitely stay here again.

I highly recommend signing up for the Omni Select Guest program. The perks are wonderful. The best is the Omni's morning beverage service - you put out a little card each night indicating which beverages you want and they deliver it the next morning at the designated time. A discreet knock on your door and you can go out to get your tray when you're ready. You can add on a bagel or other pastries, whole fruit, or yogurt. It's perfect if you need that first cup of coffee but don't want to go out of your room. They also have nightly turndown service, free WiFi, and bottle water and ice delivered to your room. It's a great program.

The fitness center is a little awkward to get to - you need to go through the lobby, around the restaurant, over to the adjacent office building. It's small but clean.

Room Tip: Higher floors overlooking the entrance/atrium are very quiet compared to the outer rooms overlooking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We appreciate you taking time to post such a positive review of your recent stay. We welcome you into our Select Guest program and thank you for recommending the program to other travelers. We value your patronage and look forward to your next visit!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here during SXSW having been fortunate to get a good rate walking in on the day I arrived. The room was lovely, all modern conveniences, really good quality fit-out, and generally a really nice place to relax when not out in the hustle and bustle of Austin for the weekend. The location is also great, just 2 mins from 6th street.

The staff were friendly and helpful and helped me out with a number of things during my stay. There is free wifi in reception and given the weekend that was in it, there was a great buzz around the hotel.

I didn't eat there, but there are a few break-out areas which are handy for snacks, coffees etc.

I travel to Austin for work a few times a year and I think I'll be staying in the Omni the next time rather than other hotels I've used in the past.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to post feedback from your recent stay. We're happy to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back during future visits.
york pa
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were looking for the most convenient hotel to the start/finish of the annual Livestrong Austin Marathon and this was it.
The "preferred guest" benefits were very much appreciated. Staff and amenities were excellent with two exceptions:
We chose to eat onsite the evening before the race and the restaurant/wine service was slow & scattered. It just didn't seem up to Omni standards.
(but the marathon pasta buffet was a great idea)
The in room refrigerator was small & simply annoying.

Room Tip: interior rooms are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We appreciate your valuable feedback from your stay during the Austin Marathon. Your constructive comments will help us improve our services in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review of your experience.