Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
  • Room Service
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
3,043 results
All reviewsrooftop poolselect guestoffice buildingclub levelroom servicesixth streetwalking distancebeautiful hotellobby barself parkingstate capitolbusiness tripconvention centerlive musicdowntownconciergenoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is quite a nice place, with a lovely soaring glassed-in atrium and comfy rooms. The bed was nice, the pillows about a 4 out of 5, and the noise level where I was also about a 4 out of 5. The location is only a few blocks from either Congress street or 6th, where you can easily walk for restaurants, bars, and music. The internet was fine, the accessories in the room were good, and the bathroom was clean and averaged-sized. Only thing I would say is that if you don't want to be awakened at 8 by the cleaning staff, make sure to put a "do not disturb" sign on your knob the night before. I didn't try the food, though it is available, both via room service and a restaurant in the atrium. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Not sure if they have rooms directly facing the atrium, but those might be loud if they do.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We're pleased that you enjoyed our location and facilities. We do hope you have the opportunity to return in the near future.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I am so thankful for the Omni's beautuful and comfortable rooms. I am tired of quality hotels downsizing their pillows. Omni has the nice long pillows. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The location is fabtastic.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We're so pleased to hear that you found your accommodations to be comfortable. Thank you for your patronage!

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I have spent the last 2 nights at the Omni and am very impressed. The rooms are spotless, the hotel restaurant is good, the employees are professional and nice, and the price is right. As long as you're not taking up my spot here, I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Pete H
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you Pete. We do appreciate the positive review of our hotel. We have a wonderful staff and a great hotel. Thank you

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip and was extremely happy with the room. It was spacious, bed was extremely comfortable, and the location was very nice.

My only complaint was the hot water in my room. The shower my first morning, never heated up past "warm." I had to leave in a bad mood - notifying the front desk on my way out. As a nice surprise, when I returned that night, I had a box of chocolates in my bathroom with an apology about the water issue, and said the problem was fixed.

Unfortunately, the next morning, when showering, it literally ran the water for 10+ minutes before the water started to get hot. While I did have a hot shower, if I was running late, this would not have been acceptable, let alone not very environmentally friendly. Again - I let the front desk know about this as I was checking out and got an apology.

While hot water is very important to me when getting ready in the morning, I didn't let this small hiccup ruin my trip. The Omni Austin Downtown was very a very nice place to stay, had awesome staff, and very comfortable rooms! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank briguy73
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback from your recent visit. We're very sorry for the hot water issues you encountered and appreciate you reporting the issue so that we may rectify the matter promptly. We thank you for your patience with this issue and hope you will return again in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We booked two rooms at the Omni for a one night stay in January 2013. This hotel is in a great location two blocks from Congress Ave and 6th Street. The hotel foyer is superb - a great open space that provides ample natural light to rooms on the inside. Some rooms have a great view to the east across 6th Street and towards the airport. The service was excellent. The rooms were very comfortable and well equipped. There is parking on site (valet and self park). Plus we got a great rate for a weekend booking.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GightRunner

We appreciate the positive feedback from your recent stay. Thank you for your patronage. We do hope to see you again soon.