“One of THE BEST experiences ever”

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
Ranked #39 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We recently stayed at the Omni Downtown Austin for the better half's work. This was one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. Everything was way above and beyond. The Omni absolutely treats you special. From the wonderfully friendly staff to the Room Service to the Housekeeping department, absolutely perfect!

Room Tip: We received a free room upgrade after signing up for a free "preferred Guest" program, or...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nhivefreeordie
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thanks so much for the very positive comments regarding your stay. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel. Please come back to see us again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,935)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip and was extremely happy with the room. It was spacious, bed was extremely comfortable, and the location was very nice.

My only complaint was the hot water in my room. The shower my first morning, never heated up past "warm." I had to leave in a bad mood - notifying the front desk on my way out. As a nice surprise, when I returned that night, I had a box of chocolates in my bathroom with an apology about the water issue, and said the problem was fixed.

Unfortunately, the next morning, when showering, it literally ran the water for 10+ minutes before the water started to get hot. While I did have a hot shower, if I was running late, this would not have been acceptable, let alone not very environmentally friendly. Again - I let the front desk know about this as I was checking out and got an apology.

While hot water is very important to me when getting ready in the morning, I didn't let this small hiccup ruin my trip. The Omni Austin Downtown was very a very nice place to stay, had awesome staff, and very comfortable rooms! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank briguy73
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback from your recent visit. We're very sorry for the hot water issues you encountered and appreciate you reporting the issue so that we may rectify the matter promptly. We thank you for your patience with this issue and hope you will return again in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We booked two rooms at the Omni for a one night stay in January 2013. This hotel is in a great location two blocks from Congress Ave and 6th Street. The hotel foyer is superb - a great open space that provides ample natural light to rooms on the inside. Some rooms have a great view to the east across 6th Street and towards the airport. The service was excellent. The rooms were very comfortable and well equipped. There is parking on site (valet and self park). Plus we got a great rate for a weekend booking.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GightRunner

We appreciate the positive feedback from your recent stay. Thank you for your patronage. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nice clean hotel in a good location but is more geared towards business travelers. We were on a family vacation. The concierge was very helpful. There was no spa. Its a quick walk over to the capitol building. Worth the tour

Room Tip: no kids activities or spa at hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank marienjnj
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and guestroom accommodations. Thank you for posting your feedback.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This may sound crazy, but this was one of the best hotels I've stayed in. From the hotel quality, location and value I'm not sure it could be beat.

I stayed here for the NYE holiday, 4 nights. I booked it early in August at one price and when it went down I was able to call up and change it 2 different times. At $170 a night for weekend/holiday it was more than worth it.

As for the room, it was very nice. 2 double beds that were comfortable, a nice tv and bathroom was a good size with a big sink area. The shower was also has a great shower head, which is another plus when going to a hotel. It was also perfectly clean, which for me is huge.

The hotel itself was also amazing. It shares a lobby (although there are separate entrances) with an office building and the lobby is open so that looks kind of cool. There a restaurant (great breakfast buffet), Starbucks and bar in the lobby. My friends and I used all 3 and they were above average. They also had 2 free dry cleaned items and 1 free shoe shine. If you sign up to be a select member (see tip below) you get 2 free beverages delivered to your room each morning. I didn't use this however, because I signed up on my last day.

The staff/concierge/valet were also very helpful. I didn’t use them that much, but when needed they were good. Concierge set up a shuttle back to the airport and the valet guys gave some good tips for bars/restaurants. They also came around and gave free bottles of water and a bag of ice. We got it 2 days, not sure what time they come, but that was great.

I even checked out the pool despite the somewhat cold weather (I even went in!). It was on the roof and seemed like a really cool spot that overlooks downtown. The pool itself was small in size and depth, 3 feet, but it looks like a cool place to hang in the summer and/or warm months.

All-in-all the Omni Austin Downtown was fantastic. I will certainly stay there again if I'm ever in Austin, but the Omni brand is something I will look to use in the future.

Room Tip: Sign-up for the Select Guest program. It's free and gets you some really good perks including f...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mjh84

Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review our your experience at our hotel. We welcome you to our Select Guest Program and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at an Omni hotel once before and LOVED it, so we were pretty excited about getting such a great deal for Austin, close to the action!

The hotel is gorgeous! The lobby is decorated perfectly, and the layout makes sense and is easy to move about in.

We were asked if we wanted to upgrade to their new executive suites, which we said yes too! We were offered the option to stay in a room with a balcony room or one that looked into the lobby. We chose the balcony. Now I will say that we were told we might get noise from the highway, but the way it was worded made it sound like it wouldn't be THAT bad. Well it was. Seriously, I've never heard so many sirens going off in my life! We are not complainers nor are we light sleepers, but this woke us up each time it happened! Do yourself a favor and stay in one that faces the lobby!

While that was a big reason I rated the hotel as average, there were other things too. We were told that the rooms had been newly renovated, but already two of the light fixtures were falling apart, though still operating! And the shower took a good five minutes to get to a temp that was ok to shower in. That said the room was huge! Very spacious!

The beds are the best thing about this hotel. SO AMAZING! I want one for myself!!!

I think this hotel is great, just needs a few tweaks. Can't give it anything about average because our stay here was just average. I would return, but would make sure to check on the problems I mentioned here!

• Stayed: December 2012

We thank you for the valuable feedback from your recent visit. Please accept our apologies for the condition of the light fixtures and we appreciate you reporting the issue so that we may rectify immediately. In addition, we're very sorry to hear that you encountered city noise while in your exterior facing guestroom. We hope you will return and perhaps try an interior room. Many thanks for your positive comments regarding the comfort of our beds.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The downtown Omni is everything you would expect of an Omni and much more.

First off, if you've never been to an Omni before, join the free Select Guest program for in-room Internet, morning beverages, pressing and a host of other freebies that will set you back $40 in most other comparable hotels. And yes, it's all free.

Otherwise, the basic room is excellent. The Club level room is amazing with free breakfasts and complimentary happy hours, and the Suites are spectacular. The last room I had even included a treadmill which wowed me to death. Whichever room you get, they are among the most comfortable in Austin. As a business traveler, I pay less to park here than in other hotels, save $20 a day on Internet and probably about the same for other benefits.

Overall, you can't beat the Omni - I strongly, strongly recommend it!

Room Tip: Face the interior atrium for a quieter night - face the outside city for a view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

We appreciate your positive feedback! We're happy to have you as a member of our Select Guest Program so that you may enjoy the many perks that the program includes. We value your continued patronage and look forward to your next visit.