“Royal Treatment Experience”

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
Ranked #39 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at the Omni Hotel in downtown Austin during the last week in June 2012 as part of my job duties while attending the NACADA Summer Institute, which was hosted at the hotel and the adjoining meeting space. Let me just say that the Omni provides a wonderful home away from home. One of the nicest features of the hotel is that once a person joins the Omni loyalty program, the benefits begin immediately. A guest is given order forms to hang outside the room each evening, so that the staff brings the guest his or her favorite beverage the next morning, served with the appropriate condiments and a fresh mini-muffin, to enjoy while reading the newspaper. Also, turn-down service is provided each night.
This property is clean and classy, with fresh floral arrangements in the lobby each morning. These little touches reminded me that I was staying in a first rate place. I found the bedding to be quite comfy, which is important since I stayed in that room for six nights. I also enjoyed having a room with an outside view. It was very pleasant to see the twinkling lights of downtown Austin each night. The staff were all very pleasant and accommodating. Maybe I am easily impressed, but I thoroughly enjoyed my hot tea with milk and sugar each morning. Although the Omni is a little above my usual price range, I am very happy that I was able to stay there for my work-related trip. I do plan to use the Omni chain again, as the opportunities arise, and I certainly highly recommend the downtown Austin location. One more thing: the bar in the hotel serves some really tasty freshly-made potato chips which my friends and I enjoyed a couple of times after returning from late night activites. Have fun!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you very much for posting your feedback! We are thrilled that your stay exceeded your expectations. Our goal is to make all of our guests feel like they are home while away from home. We appreciate your patronage and thank you for joining our Select Guest program. We look forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,931)

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've stayed here a number of times - the location is perfect for downtown, the rooms are comfortable and well-appointed, and it has all the regular perks of an Omni (free morning beverages for Select Guest is my favorite). The nightly parking rate is competitive for hotels in the area. The central atrium is magnificent and I'd recommend stopping by the bar for some good drinks and food. You can see the Capitol building from some of the rooms (some of the views are much less glamorous) but it's worth asking upon check-in. Overall, if you're staying in the area you can't really go wrong with the Omni.

Room Tip: The rooms facing into the atrium are often a little quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you again for taking time to speak with me regarding your recent stay and for posting your positive comments. We appreciate your business as a Select Guest Member and look forward to your upcoming visit in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Our four nights in Austin were made especially memorable by the beautiful downtown accommodations at the Omni! The service was excellent! The room was luxurious! The location was perfect! And - because we got the room for 56% off by bidding on Priceline - it was all an absolute great value!! And - by joining the Select Guest program - which is free - we received a carafe of coffee and delicious muffins delivered to our room along with the newspaper each morning! The Omni was the perfect combination of comfort and elegance!!

• Stayed: September 2012
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your glowing comments regarding our hotel. We're pleased to hear your stay exceeded your expecations and hope you will have the opportunity to return in the very near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here back in May 2011 and again in Sept 2012. I joined the select guest program (for free) prior to arriving this time to get free wifi in the room. There is nothing bad to say about this hotel that I have found. The workout facility had multiple treadmills and varied other machines as well as free weights. The room was very nice as well as the bathroom. The only suggestion I have is they need some light in the shower or put a lighter (more light permeable) curtain on the shower. The only light in the bathroom is over the sink and doesn't reach very well to the shower area with the almost light blocking curtain. The turndown service for the select guest program was nice and they gave 2 bottles of water per night with it. When I return to Austin on business again I will stay at the Omni again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for positive comments regarding your recent visits to our hotel. We would like to welcome you to our Select Guest Program and appreciate your continued patronage.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel is well-located in the heart of downtown Austin. It's on 8th and San Jacinto, which puts you two blocks north of the action on 6th Street, 8 blocks from Town Lake (and the Congress St "Bat Bridge"), a few blocks south of the State Capitol, and an easy 15-20 minute walk to DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium if you're here for football game day. The hotel actually shares a common lobby with an office building and the lobby contains a restaurant (didn't try it, you're on your own there), a Starbucks, and a bar that was small but never empty at any time I was there. There's a gift shop with some short hours; just outside are a couple little grocery stores with late hours. Valet was efficient. Charge for wifi (I think you can get around this by joining the frequent guest program, if it matters to you). Nice clean rooms, excellent bed for sleeping. Small minibar. Good shower. There is quite a bit of noise outside on the weekends, and yes, I could hear one couple doing some grown-up activities through the wall one night, but nothing excessive, and certainly no worse than you'd expect at any hotel in the epicenter of a party town on football game night. Got a good deal on Hotwire for this property, and certainly glad I did.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments from your recent stay. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our location and facilities. Hope you are able to return in the near future.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Clean rooms and lobby, luxurious beds for the best nights sleep ever, friendly and helpful staff, all in the middle of buzzing downtown Austin. The pool area on the roof is fabulous when the weather is good. The hotel bar is a nice spot to meet up with people. Concierge will go out of their way to help you with anything you need. From the hotel door you are one block form 6th street which is where all the party action happens. The breakfast service is great, you can have free coffee/tea brought to your room in the morning as well as a small breakfast which you pay for.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the centre of the hotel are cool but obviously not very private. Outward facing ro...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding in August, 2012. The room was quiet and comfortable and clean. I was supposed to get a wedding gift bag upon arrival but never received it until I inquired. The roof top pool was a nice surprise as was the Starbucks in the lobby. The hotel is near all the 6th Street activity if that is your thing. The building is attached to an office complex, so it feels a bit corporate. There was a minor mix up with my bill which the manager quickly fixed. The concierge was friendly and helpful. All in all, a very good stay. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: For a quiet room, request one facing the atrium. For breakfast, try Taco Shack just a few blocks aw...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in August. Please accept my apologies for the mix up with your gift bag and bill. I'm pleased to hear the issues were rectified to your satisfaction. We appreciate your business and do hope you have the opportunity to return to our hotel in the near future.