Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
The Driskill(Austin)
1,028 results
All reviewsthe club loungeweight roomred riverwalking distanceself parkingsixth streetfront desk staffhotel restaurantcapitol buildinglive musicconvention centerdowntownvaletbellmanutproximitynightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here for a night for a UT function and were very disappointed. On a whole, the place is very nice and clean--especially the downstairs bar, I would say that's the highlight of the hotel. But service was slow checking in, it took us 15 min (I am not exaggerating) to get an elevator going up and then 10 min to get one to come back down. We parked our own car, but then when I wanted to grab a cab they told me I should just go down to the corner and try to find one. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dave B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy that our Lobby Lounge exceeded your expectations. I do sincerely apologize about the elevators and we are currently finding a solution to that issue. I am saddened that we were not able to assist you in obtaining a taxi upon request. We will follow up on that issue as well and we hope you will give us another chance!

Best,

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Have stayed here a few times now. Really enjoy the Club Lounge. Kaleo is fantastic!! Had the pleasure of seeing him again this week! He is an asset to this Sheraton Club Lounge and provides wonderful customer service. He engages guests in conversation and welcomes them each evening. Rooms are comfortable, clean and have great views. Staff is friendly and willing to help with any guest concerns. Buffet at Landmark restaurant was outstanding. Unfortunately, the elevators on each stay have been less then wonderful. They are delayed and seem to stop on their own schedule. Elevators are clean, but really need repair to function adequately. Great location to all Austin has to offer. Would recommend staying here for any Austin visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

stayed here on our way to san antonio, Kaleo give us suggestions what to do with around the city specially activities for the kids......He really is an employee that cares about the guests staying in this hotel........
thank You!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Sheraton for a week on business. Had the pleasure of having Kaleo help us out up in the Sheraton club. He was very kind and made the stay very pleasant. My only complaint were the elevators. They took forever. The staff at the valet was also very helpful.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dave B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Sheraton Austin. We are happy that our staff exceeded your expectations and we deeply apologize about our elevators. They will be fixed by tomorrow! I hope you will come and visit us again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel was good from the beginning: nice staff, nice rooms, nice restaurants. However, what made this hotel memorable, was a staff member named Kaleo.
He was not afraid to show his hospitality, and really exceeded expectations to make sure the guests were happy. Helping us find our way around and serving us even after he was all packed up was just a few of the amazing things he'd done.
The Sheraton should feel honored to have an employee like Kaleo! I wish more hotels had staff members like him.