“Service saves this hotel”

Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
Ranked #105 of 204 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay at this hotel for an extended period if time due to a job placement. the hotel is old and is starting to show it. there were major renovations underway when I was there but even after staying in a "renovated" room, it still felt old.

the amenities are great. nice gym, pool and location is fantastic.

service is exceptional.

Food options in hotel are limited, but why would eat in this hotel which is so close to multiple options downtown.

overall adequate hotel with service that fantastic

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business on December 9th and 10th of 2013. The room was very clean and nicely appointed. The mattress was a bit lumpy, but not uncomfortable. It just was not a new mattress. They have Starbucks Coffee in the hotel with excellent service. I ordered room service while there and the food was great and the service very prompt. This hotel is located right off IH-35 and very near to downtown (walking distance). The seminar I attended was across the street and the hotel was very accommodating. I checked out of the hotel early on my last day but the bellman put my luggage in my car and they keep my car for the whole day until I was ready to leave without a hassle. Overall, a thumbs up and Austin is a great place to visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Incredibly convenient. Clean and modern. The staff was great–especially Frances who waited on us at the restaurant. She was outstanding. She even remembered that I liked decaf the next morning. The breakfast buffet was worth the price. Loved the biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Tiffany Strawn was an outstanding server for both of the breakfasts we enjoyed. She brought us more of the pastries from the buffet and poured our coffee in a timely manner. She checked back frequently and was prompt in fulfilling our requests.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The service from the hotel staff was great, including the front desk staff and the bellhops. We were traveling with an infant and there were no problems. The indoor-to-outdoor pool is fun. Coffee is good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Asked for a Concierge Level Room and hotel provided; it was nice to be able to enjoy free breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including beverages). Excellent Staff; very attentive. Had a semi-corner room (nicely furnished) however the air did not seem to cool to our satisfaction. One call to the front desk and they brought us a box fan, which did the job. -- Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Location is central to the Capitol, 6th Street and I-35.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of I-35. -- Request a room on a Conceirge Floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a full service hotel bellman, waitstaff. On arrival front desk and bellman were very responsive. The room was on the smaller side for 250.00 per night. Big screen tv no bumming cold water in sink but it did work in bathroom which was deprecate, I had asked for a fridge in the room which they accommodated . The last night they ch argued me 50 dollars more becuse there was a convention in town which I didn't think was fair on a weds night but the staff told me to take it up with management though I had to leave for the airport. The location was right off the highway and not far from center city. Room service was good and punctual but be aware there is a delivery fee and gratuity already in the bill. Don't pay a second tip if you don't mean too, often tricks us into tipping twice

• Stayed: October 2013