“Close to everything”

Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
Ranked #105 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at thgis property for business and found it to be a good base from which to explore Austin. The hotel is clean and sports friendly, attentive staff. I found my room to be clean, comfortable, and had a great view of the Texas capitol. It is located blocks away from the hopping 6th Street district, and blocks away from the capitol itself. It was an easy walk to multiple dining and music venues. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to experience Austin's downtown.

Room Tip: NOt a lot of elevators, so you may want to consider a lower floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We chose this hotel for its location near the UT campus. A bit more than we'd normally spend for a hotel, it was date night and we were going to the UT campus for an event. Nice welcome by the bellman continued with the front desk staff (Esther?) and into our room. Brian was very helpful at the Landmark getting us out on time from dinner. Our room was comfortable, quiet, and relaxing. Close to Stubbs Barbecue, El Sol y La Luna restaurant, Convention Center, and Esther's Follies.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable, and the staff were extremely nice. However, the hotel's best asset is Mike Rodriguez, the concierge. I was there for a conference and my son wanted me to get a Houston Texans t-shirt of a specific player. I decided to ask Mike. He immediately started surfing the net. When nothing seemed to work he started calling stores although I told him that was too much trouble. He insisted and I am truly grateful. He finally found one (after calls to several stores) in the right size and had them hold it for me until I could get there. Mike truly saved me. My son is ecstatic and I couldn't have made him happy without Mike. Sheraton management has a true gem in Mike.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Was in Austin for an Association Day on the Hill. The group had meetings scheduled at the hotel, time to visit state legislators at their offices and then back to the hotel for a luncheon with the legislators. I requested a corner room on the concierge floor and had to wait to check in. Valet checking bags was easy and courteous. Front desk staff texted me when my room was ready. Spent some time in the lobby bar visiting with colleagues. Drink prices where typical for a hotel bar, $5 beer and wine (better than east or west coast but more than local watering holes in Austin-but very convenient).

Room layout was interesting. Long hallway upon entering with closet straight ahead, hard right turn at closet with sink and vanity to left and entrance to toilet / shower on right. Proceed into the room and TV and desk extend down the left side and bed to right, windows straight ahead and over desk. The view toward the north and Capitol was very nice. Functional, yet so Austin...weird.

Room was clean and interent and TV worked fine. The concierge lounge is very nice, stopped i for a snack after meetings and before going out for a late dinner. The lounge hostess was very courteous and friendly. She helped several people with the computer and printer while being engaging and keeping up with service.

The meeting rooms were very good for our function and catering did a good job with a breakfast buffet and a plated luncheon. When the keynote speaker started the wait staff was well trained to stop clearing dishes and quietly replenish drinks with no noise or distractions. So often I have been at these type of events and the staff makes so much noise yu cannot hear the program.

The location is great. It is an easy walk back and forth to the Capitol and plenty of nearby restaurants and bars. Easy access from I-35.

Overall the staff was excellent from front desk to bar tenders, conceirge lounge staff and valet. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great location for doing business in downtown Austin, including the Capitol and UT. Clean, comfortable room, helpful staff and surprisingly quiet. The only negative is the $16 per night for self parking.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here for a conference and the room was good. I think the hotel is located perfectly for business and entertainment. I thought the room was good and the bed comfortable. I would stay again when I am in town. The staff was helpful for directions and taxi service.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Dave B, General Manager at Sheraton Austin at the Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you so much for providing us with some feedback on your stay. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you back again soon to enjoy our comfortable rooms, great location and friendly staff. Thanks again!
Your Sheraton Austin Team