Stayed for a business conference for 3 nights.
+ Great workout room
+ Convenient to state capitol
- Expensive (even with group discount)
- "Indoor" pool is connected to outdoor pool in some kind of solar heating attempt (fail); don't plan on swimming unless it's warm enough to swim outside.
- No refrigerator or microwave in room
- Not convenient to clubs or convention center (walkable, but about a mile away)
- No continental breakfast (might be expected for the price); for pay options were pretty expensive (something like paying for bacon by the strip)
- Internet access in room is an additional fee and free public hotspots in hotel are very small (not a good option during our in-hotel business event), requiring frequent re-activation
- Parking is $16/night, although we got a group rate of $8/night. Not sure what other hotels charge, but you can park on the street for $10/day.
- Curt hotel staff
I feel that Sheraton is an outdated, snooty brand. I will never stay here again, even if business event is held in hotel. There are MUCH better options in Austin.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Sheraton Austin at the Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Austin
- Austin Sheraton