“Drug infested.”

Austin Suites Hotel
Ranked #185 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The only reason I chose this place was because it was affordable. But I'd rather save money buy staying at the park and buying a tent. The lady at the front, was so disrespectful. It's evident she doesn't know much English.. but she acts like she doesn't understand. She was even on the phone speaking different tongues while helping me. During my stay, cops were in and out. Plenty of people asked me to buy drugs and food stamps. My room was infested with roaches. The bed sheets were stained with who knows what. There was stains everywhere. On the walls. On the picture frames. On the carpet. There was ever graffiti allllllll over the walls. The only thing that was decent was the bathroom.. but the lights didn't work and they didn't fix that or even provide me with a microwave. The rooms smelt horrible. I'm use to the typical hotel smells, but this room smelt like straight drugs and sex. THERE WAS CONSTANT ARGUING AT NIGHT. So hard to get rest. I honestly don't recommend this place to anyone. Everyone that stays there, looks like they've been renting month to month for years. Everyone had a routine of staying infront of their doors drinking, smoking crack, and selling white.

Room Tip: I don't know, just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Jonathan P

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Do not stay at this place, rooms are very dirty, Drug Dealer hanging, on the rails of 2nd and 3rd floor holering and waving at you to buy drugs. I was aprotched 3 times when going from room to car, drug dealers wanting to sell me drugs.This place is worst than living in gang run projects. ITS NOT SAFE. DO NOT STAY THERE> DRUG DEALERS WATCHING AND SELLING EVERYWHERE.

Room Tip: DO not stay here, it is Drug dealer infested. Holoring at people when you go buy them, wanting you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ray W
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stay here everytime...the suites have huge walk in closets, large kitchen and separate living .room. you can't find anything for the price!!!! Its like an apartment with all bills paid!!! Have an open mind...I love this place!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank shinook43
Reviewed March 6, 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE. This place is advertised as a hotel but it is more like a 4th ward apartment complex. You would be better off staying at a chain motel like Motel 6. They don't clean or vacuum the rooms. We walked in and the carpet and floors were dirty. There's no shampoo or conditioner - only a bar of soap. They leave empty toilet rolls still on the toilet roll holder. We booked this place because of the reviews on tripadvisor saying that it was a good hotel for the value, but its the cost saving isn't worth it. We pay 80 bucks for our room and ended up not staying here. We walked in looked around and then decided that our health was more important than saving money - considered it a sunk cost and left. I'm surprised this place hasn't been shut down for health violations. We were afraid of contracting a disease or getting bit by bed bugs. When we got there to check-in, it took them 20 minutes to give us our keys. They had the oldest and slowest computer I've ever seen. I would not even wish my enemies to stay at this place. I have deemed any place worthy of a written review. However, this is the first time I am writing a review because I hope to prevent anyone else from having to endure a stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank jho453
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I think we would have been better sleeping on the street! The room was filthy, staff horrible and there were bugs in our room. We were scared to turn off the lights! I feel it is a health hazard for them to be open. Definately below average and you nowhere near get what you pay for.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Mistakenly thought this was the hotel I had booked a reservation to, and went to the front office to inquire. I was completely turned off from the initial approach to the hotel. The exterior is deplorable, and the condition of the facilities are as rundown as the individuals operating the hotel. Upon walking up to the front of the main office, the hotel employee literally locked us outside of the lobby to stand in the cold while he took care of another customer. When he finally opened the door five minutes later, he could not have been more rude. Safe to say, he lost a well-traveled customer who will never step foot on this property again. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel with employees who will treat you with respect, choose among the numerous other hotels which neighbor this abysmal place. I am forced to at least rate this a 1, otherwise it would receive a clear and unmistakable 0 in my book.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank ChristopherMa
Reviewed November 20, 2012

between our group we had 3 rooms. Were charged a LOT for the rooms because it was formula 1 weekend. The rooms on 3rd floor had dead crickets everywhere, the room on 2nd floor had an array of LIVE insects. beds were awful, sandpaper comforters, tiny lumpy pillows. Fridges didn't work, electrical sockets sparked when u plugged things in. Then to round it off we left a phone in the room and they refused to give it back without the us personally picking it up. We live 200 miles away!!!! and they are soooo rude, even when booking the rooms they were rude to us. Worst hotel EVER!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends