“FILTHY, DISGUSTING, & UNSAFE "HOTEL"”

Austin Suites Hotel
Ranked #180 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“FILTHY, DISGUSTING, & UNSAFE "HOTEL"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE. This place is advertised as a hotel but it is more like a 4th ward apartment complex. You would be better off staying at a chain motel like Motel 6. They don't clean or vacuum the rooms. We walked in and the carpet and floors were dirty. There's no shampoo or conditioner - only a bar of soap. They leave empty toilet rolls still on the toilet roll holder. We booked this place because of the reviews on tripadvisor saying that it was a good hotel for the value, but its the cost saving isn't worth it. We pay 80 bucks for our room and ended up not staying here. We walked in looked around and then decided that our health was more important than saving money - considered it a sunk cost and left. I'm surprised this place hasn't been shut down for health violations. We were afraid of contracting a disease or getting bit by bed bugs. When we got there to check-in, it took them 20 minutes to give us our keys. They had the oldest and slowest computer I've ever seen. I would not even wish my enemies to stay at this place. I have deemed any place worthy of a written review. However, this is the first time I am writing a review because I hope to prevent anyone else from having to endure a stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank jho453

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Austin, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I think we would have been better sleeping on the street! The room was filthy, staff horrible and there were bugs in our room. We were scared to turn off the lights! I feel it is a health hazard for them to be open. Definately below average and you nowhere near get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Jennifer S

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Mistakenly thought this was the hotel I had booked a reservation to, and went to the front office to inquire. I was completely turned off from the initial approach to the hotel. The exterior is deplorable, and the condition of the facilities are as rundown as the individuals operating the hotel. Upon walking up to the front of the main office, the hotel employee literally locked us outside of the lobby to stand in the cold while he took care of another customer. When he finally opened the door five minutes later, he could not have been more rude. Safe to say, he lost a well-traveled customer who will never step foot on this property again. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel with employees who will treat you with respect, choose among the numerous other hotels which neighbor this abysmal place. I am forced to at least rate this a 1, otherwise it would receive a clear and unmistakable 0 in my book.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank ChristopherMa
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

between our group we had 3 rooms. Were charged a LOT for the rooms because it was formula 1 weekend. The rooms on 3rd floor had dead crickets everywhere, the room on 2nd floor had an array of LIVE insects. beds were awful, sandpaper comforters, tiny lumpy pillows. Fridges didn't work, electrical sockets sparked when u plugged things in. Then to round it off we left a phone in the room and they refused to give it back without the us personally picking it up. We live 200 miles away!!!! and they are soooo rude, even when booking the rooms they were rude to us. Worst hotel EVER!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank melissa m
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This place was the best bang for the buck! If you are looking for a fair deal with clean rooms that are suites - this is the place. No frills but no drama either! From past post I thought security would have been a concern but NOT AT ALL...Will be here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Slasher1992
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Needed a place to stay in Austin with reasonable rates and quality room. This place has both. The security was great too. The night desk guy was very helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend to everyone!

-DAVE

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tyler, T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We drove in from Tyler to watch my beloved Longhorns steam roll Wyoming just a couple of weeks ago and was able to get a room at the Austin Suites Hotel. It was me, my wife, and my two sons. Our day started out bad as we found out that my Father in Law is getting worse and worse back home in Trenton, New Jersey but we figured look we have these tickets and we all need to relax and enjoy the weekend. Our first stop was the Austin Suites Hotel, very nice and clean property is what walked into. The staff was great and were very accomodating. My son had a bad sore throat and the nice woman at the desk, Vandana, offered to give him cough drops and some Tylenol. We had a double bedroom and obviously the 2 boys wanted their own room but we decided to get one room for all of us. The size of the room was perfect and it seemed as if they just completed renovating the hotel because everything was smelling clean and brand new. We took a dip in the pool - i brought a cooler and 12 pack and my wife had some wine enjoying the sun. Staff even came outside to make sure we had our pool towels and gave us great delivery suggestions. The location of the hotel was just perfect - we visited campus, downtown, Arboretum area and all were very short drives especially since the property is directly off of the highway. Longhorns won!! Overall, great trip, great hotel with very hospitable staff. Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family