“Not a bad experience at all!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf

La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf
Ranked #157 of 197 Hotels in Austin
El Paso, Texas
“Not a bad experience at all!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My wife and I returned to this property in spite of the bad reviews because we had stayed here before and had an idea what to expect, in that it is an older property. The front desk staff were friendly and checked us in quickly. Our ADA room (just off the elevator) was clean and comfortable. We stayed for 3 nights (July 11, 12, 13) and had no issues with problems like those noted in other reviews (i.e.; loud music, stained sheets, misassigned rooms, etc.). The a/c functioned well and we had no issues to bring to the attention of the staff. It was a nice comfortable stay and we will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Durant, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We came to Austin for a friends wedding. They booked us at la quinta, and I was ok with it because la quinta has a great rep in oklahoma. One; no good parking. It was a pain to park!! Two; the first room we got had standing water in the bath tub and blood on the sheets.. small spots but still blood. So they switxhed us rooms. We thought we were good in this new room until this morning. I was about to sit on my bed and noticed BLOOD again!!! This time on 3 separate pieces!!!! I asked the housekeeping manager if she could give me new bedset and she did. Thw only good thing I have to say about this place is that the lady up front and the housekeeping manager were sweet and quickly handled the issue.. however, I refuse to stay at la quinta again. Also, the mexican food restaurant next door, is awful. Hostess didnt speak english and the food received was still frozen on the inside!!! Overall; I do not like Austin and will never come back. Atleast not to this side of it.

• Stayed July 2014
Humble, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just there for 20 minutes and it was the worst experience ever,front desk gave me a key to a suite because Im a Elite member,and I walked in on two people doing it!!!Went back to the front desk raising hell and they gave me another key, then my wife and i moved our car and could not get in the doors, went back to front, given new keys to a room that was bad ordered by the maintence guy. Went back to the front desk raising more hell and they gave us a room that the dead lock did'nt work and water was dripping from the second floor and the bed sheets were stained. I highly recommend never to stay there!!! We checked out asap and went down the street.Its a circus there.

Room Tip: We ended up staying at a different location! That would be your best bet!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The accommodations were perfect for the price. The front desk clerk was very knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. When I needed anything and asked for it from the front desk there was no hesitation from the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was horrified at the deplorable condition of this worn out property. It was the worst LQ experience I have ever had. The first room was stinky, a/c not functioning & wet carpet (from a recent shampoo or leaking pipe.
I have stayed at numerous LQ's throughout the country because I have a companion animal. Most LQ's were lovely, while others were old, redos. But this redo-property was the absolute worst. I do not understand how it can carry the LQ flag. LQ needs to use a rating system so customers can be advised which type of LQ they are going to encounter. The room rate does not give an accurate account re quality. I was charged a $100. for a room that should have been in the low $60. range.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family