“Disgusted” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #159 of 195 Hotels in Austin
Durant, Oklahoma
“Disgusted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We came to Austin for a friends wedding. They booked us at la quinta, and I was ok with it because la quinta has a great rep in oklahoma. One; no good parking. It was a pain to park!! Two; the first room we got had standing water in the bath tub and blood on the sheets.. small spots but still blood. So they switxhed us rooms. We thought we were good in this new room until this morning. I was about to sit on my bed and noticed BLOOD again!!! This time on 3 separate pieces!!!! I asked the housekeeping manager if she could give me new bedset and she did. Thw only good thing I have to say about this place is that the lady up front and the housekeeping manager were sweet and quickly handled the issue.. however, I refuse to stay at la quinta again. Also, the mexican food restaurant next door, is awful. Hostess didnt speak english and the food received was still frozen on the inside!!! Overall; I do not like Austin and will never come back. Atleast not to this side of it.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Humble, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just there for 20 minutes and it was the worst experience ever,front desk gave me a key to a suite because Im a Elite member,and I walked in on two people doing it!!!Went back to the front desk raising hell and they gave me another key, then my wife and i moved our car and could not get in the doors, went back to front, given new keys to a room that was bad ordered by the maintence guy. Went back to the front desk raising more hell and they gave us a room that the dead lock did'nt work and water was dripping from the second floor and the bed sheets were stained. I highly recommend never to stay there!!! We checked out asap and went down the street.Its a circus there.

Room Tip: We ended up staying at a different location! That would be your best bet!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The accommodations were perfect for the price. The front desk clerk was very knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. When I needed anything and asked for it from the front desk there was no hesitation from the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was horrified at the deplorable condition of this worn out property. It was the worst LQ experience I have ever had. The first room was stinky, a/c not functioning & wet carpet (from a recent shampoo or leaking pipe.
I have stayed at numerous LQ's throughout the country because I have a companion animal. Most LQ's were lovely, while others were old, redos. But this redo-property was the absolute worst. I do not understand how it can carry the LQ flag. LQ needs to use a rating system so customers can be advised which type of LQ they are going to encounter. The room rate does not give an accurate account re quality. I was charged a $100. for a room that should have been in the low $60. range.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Shame on me .. tried to save a few bucks and should have known better. Doesn't deserve a single star .. I did NOT check tripadvisor .. booked on the phone .. shame on me again. Booked for 2 nghts one will do. Rap blaring from the pool .. cigarette butts all over the place .. broken toilet seat .. how many bad things can I say. Always nervous about this brand and this proves it is not worth the risk. I saved about $60 and just not worth it.

Room Tip: IF you absolutely positively HAVE to stay here get a room in the back .. AVOID the pool .. and LOCK...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple