La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf
Rodeway Inn(Austin)
Casulo Hotel(Austin)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I love this hotel. The staff has always been top notch and the beds are so comfortable that you hate to get out of them!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed at this La Quinta because it was just a few minutes away from the place I needed to be for business. I think this property used to be an old apartment complex. It is definitely an older property. The first room I was given, the AC wasn't working at all. Given that it was 109 degrees there was no way I was going to stay there. That plus the fact that when I picked up the folded washcloth that was on the bathroom sink, a dead cricket fell out. Then I looked on the floor and saw more dead crickets. So I schlepped my suitcases to the front desk and told them about the AC & the crickets. The desk clerk was very nice and apologetic and gave me another room.........which was clear around the back side of the hotel. Rather than get into my car and drive around the back I just walked around to my room. The room was nice & cold & I heard the AC running so I knew that wasn't going to be an issue. I was already running late for my meeting so I just dropped my suitcases off and went to my meeting. When I returned back to the room a few hours later I noticed a bunch of dead crickets outside. In the parking lot, on the walkway in front of each room. And, in my room once I got in. What's the deal with all the crickets? When I went into the bathroom I saw that I had been given a handicapped accessible room. This irritates me because I know they can see on the computer if a room is handicap accessible or not and I hate being in a handicapped accessible room knowing there might be someone who will need it. However, it was late & dark & I just hoped there wouldn't be anybody who might need the room. Anyway, I won't be staying here again. This hotel desperately needs a makeover/remodel/renovation........and a permanent solution to the cricket problem.

Room Tip: If you must stay here try and get a room inside of the hotel itself and not outside. Also check for handicapped accessible unless you need one.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2012

when we first walked in we saw one lil cricket trying to get out . i was like oh a lucky cricket our trip will be a good one and I let him outside. what i didnt know was that this room is death! i have counted a total of 11 DEAD CRICKETS. i dont know if the cleaning staff just didnt clean or if they came in after but it is unacceptable. i just cant wrap my head around how so many crickets got in a room with out them noticing.and the toilet only will flush when you hold down the handle. ........after all that if you really want to know yes the beds were amazing but really thats all i have to say on the positive note.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Requested 3 rooms close together, non-smoking. Got there at check-in time, 1 rooms on 2nd floor, one on other side of building and one in another building! One ended up being a smoking room and it reeked of smoke. My room smelled like cat urine, room 2 had a broken drawer that could not be closed without taking the whole dresser apart and also had an overflowing toilet. Smoking room was "fumigated" but stunk again halfway through the night. We mentioned issues to front desk and got no result so we checked out. Looks like it has not been updated in many years, other than paint to cover up the worst...would not recommend. Moved to a Courtyard Marriott in pristine condition, closer to downtown for only $7 more per night. MUCH better.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends