“Great Stay”

La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf
Ranked #170 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The people at the front desk were so nice and helped me secure a taxi to downtown. Rooms were extra clean and looked as though this property has just been given a makeover. Outside clean and this place has a large outdoor pool. The free breakfast is about the same as any LaQuinta. No meat or eggs, but the coffee and rolls were about all I wanted. For the price you can't beat this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

A La Quinta traveler
Abilene, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 1, 2012

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here on the night of my company Christmas party. The location was great, since our party was in South Austin. The outside looked pretty old, but not trashy at all. The inside of this hotel was very nice! The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2011

After reading reviews about this hotel, I was a bit skeptical to stay there but it turned out to be not as bad as I thought it would be. I would recommend considering La Quinta Inn Oltorf if you are on a tight budget but need a nice place to stay. It is not fancy though, but it's clean and the service is good. We stayed there for 4 nights and I have no major complains. The room was clean overall, the front desk helpful. The highway didn't bother me at all, I could sleep very well. It is not far from downtown, cab is not expensive, plus sometimes you can find some other people waiting downstairs for a cab and they are willing to share the fare with you. I usually go back really late in the evening and I saw security guards checking around, so I felt somehow safe. The fence is always open though.

I don't know about the breakfast as I never had a chance to taste it. And I can't comment on the swimming pool because I've never been there, maybe next time!

The minor problem I didn't really enjoy was the internet because I was unable to connect in my room, I had to go to the hall to use it. Also, I don't know if the wall is really thin but I could hear the other person next door yelling or slamming the door, but I think not every guest would do that!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The hotel is a bit dated, but we found it to be very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was quiet and clean. The beds were VERY comfortable. The location is excellent for us (i.e.; close to family, friends, and attractions). There is easy accessibility to and from I-35. The Continental Breakfast was tasty, satisfying, and filling. This was our second stay at this facility and when we need to return to Austin we will be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Long hairs on dirty bathroom floor, dogs swimming in the pool, front desk does not answer telephone, doors that won't lock, debris everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is the worst place ever. I'm only here one night thankfully. There is bugs, chewed up base boards from dogs, flaking paint on the ceilings and walls, carpet so dirty my clean socks were black on the bottom when I took them off from walking around the room. The toilet seat had dried pee on it still....they hadn't cleaned it at all. I tried calling the front desk and nobody answered. I walked up there, the TV was on and nobody was in the office. I stood there 15 mins and left, nobody still. The lobby smells like pot. The black dude at the counter when I checked in was rude, and wouldn't even look at you. All in all, I wouldn't take a homeless person off the street to stay here... THEY even deserve better... and would expect better.

GAG... I can't beleive I have to go to sleep here. NASTY... well wish me luck. Hope I don't wake up to bed bugs or crabs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business