- dirty and messy outside the actual rooms
- v poor amenities (pool water was green - fortunately we just needed a bed to sleep but worth noting)
- not a particularly nice area (no meth heads but plenty of poor / dodgy looking people hanging around)
- looks like the building is falling apart
- wifi patchy
- rooms clean
Would recommend only on the basis that it is cheap. You consider the above or an alternative motel in a similar price range before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 Austin Midtown is located off I-35 at St Johns Ave within 5 miles of U.T. Austin, LBJ Library, Texas state capitol and governor's mansion. 6th Street Entertainment is only 5.5 miles away. Free Wi-Fi available in all modern guest rooms. POOL IS CLOSED FOR REPAIRS. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Motel-6, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Austin - Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn Austin North / Austin Highland Mall Hotel Austin
- Austin Baymont Inn