“Do not let the surrounding area fool you.”

La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35
Ranked #159 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Do not let the surrounding area fool you.”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. however, there was no waffle machine for fresh waffles. The surrounding area is unkempt, but that's not the hotel's fault. The hotel grounds were well taken care of.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am a corporate travel agent who books many, many rooms daily for many large corporations. One of my clients booked a room at this hotel and upon arrival he was told by the front desk (Jamie) that his confirmation number was invalid. My client called me very upset. I put him on hold and called the hotel myself, I asked Jamie to access his reservation by his last name; it was found!!! I was then advised that a big group was checking in and they did not have a room for him because they pre-authorized his card upon arrival and it declined (Not true, his credit card was fine because I purchased airfare for him after we booked him at the Hampton Inn right down the street). I advised that when a hotel sells out, they walk the people that are last to check in are the ones that get turned away-not the one checking in at 6PM. Jamie stated that she called ALL of the people that were scheduled to come in and they all confirmed their reservation. COME ON..., really? She gave me a phone number to Raj Patel that went straight to a voicemail that had not been set up so I couldn't even leave a message. Long story short, I do not trust sending anymore of my clients to this hotel. I was given the run around without any resolve. My client was happy to book at the nicer hotel down the street and they did not have one single issue with his credit card. BEWARE, You may be stranded.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Peelmeagr8pe

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel the night before our vacation flight. It is conveniently located near the airport - which is only around 10 minutes away. Way sat by the pool and ate our delivered pizza while the kids were able to swim. The pool area was very nice, but the pool could have used a little more cleaning; there was a lot of stuff floating on the surface and the water was a little cloudy. The room was nice and clean. The best part was the shuttle to the airport and parking that was available while we were away. Our shuttle left as early as 4:30am and when we returned, after a quick call to the hotel, a shuttle came to the airport to pick us up.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Joplin, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stay here frequently as we live in Joplin MO and it's only an hour away. We take our little weekend getaway's here. The staff is always friendly and willing to go above and beyond to help with whatever we need. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Natalia, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Not a bad stay but can use some attention to renovating the rooms and overall attractiveness to hotel... However, for the price that I received I can not really complain... I would stay here again if I needed to but I would hesitate to recommend this place to my close friends or relatives....

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2014

It would be ridiculous to give La Quinta a 5 star rating...but to me it is the 5 star pet friendly location! My husband, poodle, kitty and I traveled from NC to Austin for my granddaughter's HS graduation, spending several nights in La Quinta's along the way. For our extended stay we chose this one, as we did last year, because it is convenient to my daughter's home. We were happy with our stay last year, but this year was even better. The staff was responsive to our every need, including an adjustment to our bill with little questioning, as our final total was a bit more than we were quoted. We found our room, equipped with fridge/microwave, clean, roomy and comfortable. If we asked for something, we got it! Tucked underneath I35 overpasses at Ben White, it was quite, private and a bit remote, giving a feeling of being home. Everything worked beautifully; we had no problems except I deactivated my key card by tucking it in my pocket with my cell phone! Maintenance was sent right away to "repair the door lock", but soon discovered the problem... I was given a new card with a smile and great attitude after causing all the inconvenience. Housekeeping cleaned at our convenience and request. Breakfast each morning was enjoyed and sufficient, and of course, free. We will definitely be staying right there anytime we visit our girls in Austin. Our thanks to the wonderful staff there!