“Nice rates nice locations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35

La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35
Ranked #149 of 198 Hotels in Austin
Caracas, Venezuela
“Nice rates nice locations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Its just a few minutes from austin airport. Nice and clean rooms and lobby. Shame the pool was under maintence. But as most la quinta hotel is a nice and cheap option. There are a few eating options around.

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very comfortable beds. Cold air conditioners. Quiet at night. Convenient parking. Awesome water pressure in the showers. Free breakfast. Super friendly staff. Even the coke machines take credit cards for those of you who do not carry cash. Highly recommend

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Texas City, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

After reading the most recent review for this property, I approached my stay with trepidation, which turned out to be unwarranted. In fact, for a LaQuinta Inn, I found this to be the best room I have ever stayed in within that chain of properties. Check-in was friendly, fast, and efficient. The front desk clerk informed me about the breakfast the next day and told me where my room was and where to park—it was, literally, right off the lobby. The room was a King, handicapped-accessible one, and was very large with a desk and 2 chairs, a recliner, 2 nightstands, a large flat-screen television, coffee maker, iron and iron board, dresser, closet, and a very large bathroom. I even liked the art work on the wall above the headboard. All the furniture looked fine, and the room had a fresh coat of paint. Air conditioning was cold, and the Wi-Fi reception was “Excellent.” The front desk clerk even called me on the room telephone to check to see if the room was satisfactory (I wish that had happened at the La Quinta Saraland—see my review of that property for the experience there). To call the area where the hotel is located “Sketchy” is a bit over-the-top. I stayed in Elizabeth, New Jersey where the rental car location was surrounded by razor wire—THAT was sketchy! The only bad thing here is the two places I planned to eat at next to the property had gone out of business, so I drove to the Luby’s (an all-you-can-eat location!) down the street. I notified the La Quinta webmaster and was informed that these restaurants would be removed from the web site. Despite my room being on the first floor, highway noise was minimal. On the negative side, the room did not have a refrigerator or a microwave. I can live without a microwave oven, but a refrigerator is an amenity I expect. It did not bother me on a one-night stay, but if I were here for more than one night, I would really miss it since I like to keep milk in the room. It’s something for the management to consider. The bathroom had two issues: the toilet was very slow to flush, and there was a long dark hair on the vanity around the sink, which was a bit of a turn-off. The breakfast, however, was better than any I have ever had at a LaQuinta Inn. There were packaged bagels, waffles, and muffins, packets of oatmeal, two kinds of cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, and milk. I did not expect hot food at a La Quinta Inn, but what was provided was substantial. All-in-all, I was very pleased with this property, and if I ever need to stay in the Austin-area again, I would be happy to stay at this property.

Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is an original La Quinta Inn that has been well maintained over the half century or so that it has been there. Our room was clean and the things that matter to us, bed, linens, TV, wifi, a/c, bathroom and security were all adequate. The front desk employees were friendly and helpful. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is absolutely the worst LaQuinta ever! The only good thing I can say about the hotel is that the beds were decent and the tv was nice. . It it old, run down and in a very suspect part of town. The mirrors in the bathroom have the silvering coming off, the fiberglass tub is stained, the towels are thin and the rooms very small. The clientele is mostly sketchy. The first night we didn't sleep at all because of car alarms going off, people yelling, pounding on doors and partying. The second night was only slightly better. If the staff had been as diligent about replenishing the breakfast bar as they were in picking it up promptly at 10:00, I might give it an okay review. We were afraid our car would be vandalized, as well. Rest assured the CEO of LaQuinta wouldn't stay here or allow anyone in his family to stay here. I can't believe anyone would say the rooms in this hotel are modern! Never again!!

Room Tip: The best advice I can give is to choose another hotel. IF I ever stay at another LaQuinta, I will de...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

After combing through reviews and prices of different LaQuinta inns and other hotels we booked & stayed here for two nights and was surprised. We had stayed at a La quinta in Dallas and the carpet was sticky and wet? Luckily not here. Everything seemed clean and dry. I was a little concerned that the area was going to be sketchy, but it really didn't seem to be. The area is by a lot of boarded up buildings but hey it's by Industrial rd. But it's right by two highways so your not that far from anywhere, You just hop on which highway you need. The breakfast is just what you expect and the single coffee maker in your room is actually pretty good. I like la Quinta inn because we have a large dog and they don't charge extra for you pet or size of. Also here they have more modern rooms and flat screens that we can plug our portable dvd player into is great! Pool was clean no complaints will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Had to stay here a week while my husband and pups were visiting because my corporate housing didn't allow pets. Best thing about La Quinta - no charge for pets. Our room was clean and comfortable. The only thing we missed was having a fridge and microwave in our room. We don't know why only a couple rooms had them, but since they were booked, there wasn't anything we could do. The front desk & the housekeeping staff was outstanding. We had trouble with our key cards a few times & they immediately took care of it. If the situation ever comes up again or if I have friends that want to bring their pets to visit Austin, I will happily recommend this location.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before checking in. We were originally given a room with 2 double beds, only to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple