“A bit better then expected!!”

La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35
Ranked #163 of 202 Hotels in Austin
San Antonio, Texas
“A bit better then expected!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After combing through reviews and prices of different LaQuinta inns and other hotels we booked & stayed here for two nights and was surprised. We had stayed at a La quinta in Dallas and the carpet was sticky and wet? Luckily not here. Everything seemed clean and dry. I was a little concerned that the area was going to be sketchy, but it really didn't seem to be. The area is by a lot of boarded up buildings but hey it's by Industrial rd. But it's right by two highways so your not that far from anywhere, You just hop on which highway you need. The breakfast is just what you expect and the single coffee maker in your room is actually pretty good. I like la Quinta inn because we have a large dog and they don't charge extra for you pet or size of. Also here they have more modern rooms and flat screens that we can plug our portable dvd player into is great! Pool was clean no complaints will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Had to stay here a week while my husband and pups were visiting because my corporate housing didn't allow pets. Best thing about La Quinta - no charge for pets. Our room was clean and comfortable. The only thing we missed was having a fridge and microwave in our room. We don't know why only a couple rooms had them, but since they were booked, there wasn't anything we could do. The front desk & the housekeeping staff was outstanding. We had trouble with our key cards a few times & they immediately took care of it. If the situation ever comes up again or if I have friends that want to bring their pets to visit Austin, I will happily recommend this location.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before checking in. We were originally given a room with 2 double beds, only to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2013

hotel dated, okay for the rate. needs the outside clean and painted. Inside was surprising clean toilet made noise when u flush it. breakfast not that great go out eat instead. some outside light were out. I stayed on the back side of the hotel right next to the street but had no real problem was worry a little. okay for short stays and budget minded. Would probably stay in a nicer one next time.

Room Tip: close to I-35 and 71 freeways.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were a bit dismayed when we stayed here for a quick overnight trip through town. The location is pretty sketchy, the highway noise is cacophonic, the clientele questionable and the back side of the hotel has almost no outdoor lighting. The room was clean and nicely decorated but we left our car near the front of the hotel overnight since it was so dark near our room location we were afraid it might get broken into. I've stayed at some very nice LaQuintas before. I would not stay at this one again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank homeowner E

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The rooms were newly renovated. New wide screen TV, carpet, and beds/sheets. The location worked well for me (intersection of 1-35 and 71), but there's not much going on around that area (no restaurants, mini-markets, bars, etc.). It's sort of a light industrial area. I had the pool all to myself that evening. I would select a room overlooking the pool on the 2nd floor. It's not only a nicer view, but I think it is less noisy for rooms facing that direction. The free wireless worked fine and it had a typically La Quinta breakfast, though there was no waffle machine. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Staff was friendly, rooms were very clean. The beds were comfortable and the pool was nice and clean. Great place to stay.The location was convenient to sixth st. The palmer convention center and Barton Springs. We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family