“A decent place to rest your head at night...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #146 of 194 Hotels in Austin
San Antonio, Texas
“A decent place to rest your head at night...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We reserved a couple of rooms for a Saturday night so that I could spend a night in Austin for my birthday with my husband and some friends. There was a home game that night so needless to say, a lot of rooms were booked at hotels closer to downtown. Ended up picking this hotel based on price and location. Was only about a $15 cab fare to downtown- not too bad. You pretty much get what you pay for. This hotel was right off 35 which was convenient for our purposes. There was some late night traffic around the hotel you could hear, but once I was asleep I slept well! Bed was decent... had an in-room AC unit that you could crank down which my husband always appreciates. Check out at 12 is nice for people that like to sleep in. At the end of the day, it is a decent place to rest your head for one night, versus paying over $250 for a hotel in downtown (where you also usually have to pay to park..). I'd stay here again if I needed to!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I had stayed at this hotel last year and found it was decent. It is a motel-style place, with the rooms opening to the outdoors. It is clean, but in serious need of an update as it looks very old and run-down.

HOWEVER, we chose to stay here again a week ago, and this time they lost our reservation and we ended up with a smoking room. Not impressed! We were there for a wedding and we were really worried our expensive formal clothes would be ruined by the smoke smell. As soon as we opened the door we were practically knocked over by the smell of stale smoke and overpowering air freshener. It was Halloween weekend so unfortunately we didn't have a choice but to stay there. The room was clean, but dated (and smelly!). Also, the room was oddly laid out so that the TV was off to the side of the bed at an angle. It was only once we went to sleep that the problems really started. There is NO soundproofing at all in this hotel and when our neighbors arrived back to their room at 3 am and proceeded to have an hours long conversation, we could hear EVERY word! They were still chatting away when I got up at 5:30AM to go for a run. Ugh. We spoke to the front desk later the next morning and they told us they would try to switch us to a non-smoking room for that evening but no promises. That never happened. When we went to sleep on night # 2 were once again woken up by our neighbors - this time to the sound of some x-rated activities!

Pros: close to downtown, inexpensive, relatively clean, free breakfast

Cons: lost room reservation, disgusting smoking rooms, no sound-proofing, horribly run front-desk that offered us no recourse for their mistake, and the worst water pressure I have ever encountered in a hotel shower

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank erin464

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Easy access to airport, downtown. Miss eggs and bacon for b-fast, but you really can't complain about their Continental. Nice comfy pillows and mattresses. they've put in new, big widescreen HDTVs, nice to wind down with. Visiting Austin -- give this LQ a try.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The rooms look clean, but since the building is old and not up to date it makes it feel dirty. I think its time to remodel his hotel. The bed was soo uncomfortable, it was old and it had a big dip in the center of it, and does not fit two people. Our room was near the pool,and got woken up by the guy that cleans the pool early in the morning. And there was alot of noise during the night that made it hard to sleep, plus the alarm of our truck went off twice, they did not have security or a night guard. I did not enjoy my stay,the pictures online look,nothing like the actual place. I will not be staying her again. I dont recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com