“Ok hotel, great staff”

La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35
Ranked #165 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This La Quinta was ok for a two night stay in Austin but I probably would not go back. The staff was excellent and addressed me by name. They were helpful and courteous our entire stay. Breakfast was decent and consisted of bagels, cereal, muffins and yogurt.

The downside of this hotel really was the cleanliness. We stayed on the pet friendly side ( They charge no pet fee which was a plus) and the carpet was pretty gross. They may shampoo it after guests with pets leave. It felt sticky. I did ask if they had another room but they had none that were convinent so we kept the room we had.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 8/19/2012-08/21/2012. It was so disgusting! I had woken up with bites all over my stomach. I was very nice when i went to the front office and said i wasnt accusing them of bed bugs but there is something biting me. i showed them the bites. but by her reaction she seemed like this happens all of the time. cause she didnt seem concerned to say the least. So she goes to inspect the bed....and She Finds FLEAS!!!!!!!!!!!! I was disgusted! She offers to of course swith my room. and only comps me $30. Which wasnt good enough considering that i left a whole day earlier cause of just being disgusted by the whole situation. Not To mention the bugs had got into my luggage or clothes cause I return home and a day later im having to treat my Apt for bugs! staying here was a Nightmare!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Friendly staff, and a comfortable room. Breakfast was a bit of a mess though. Overall we had an enjoyable experience. I would suggest it if you are looking for a decent place but don't want to spend a ton of money.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were very happy with the friendliness of the staff and it is a very clean hotel. Our room was very clean and smelled good, unlike other places we have stayed before. We highly recommend this place. Very satisfied and glad we stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This motel was chosen as a cheap place to stay in Austin that allowed dogs. Never again... We had reserved a room with one king bed. We got a room with two queen beds. Inexcusable offense, not hardly, but should have been an indication of things to come. The surrounding area is sketchy to say the least. You are literally in the armpit of I-35 and Hwy 71/290 and have lovely views of the highway and a storage rental facility. You can only get to the motel via busy access roads packed with traffic almost all day and night. The beds were not comfortable and whoever cleaned the room had clearly done a barely passable job. The rooms smell old and dusty/mildew-y. Still most of this is to be somewhat expected when booking a cheap motel. The real kicker? At 11:45 p.m., we hear someone knocking on the door. Once again, not a great neighborhood and you know there is no security for a place like this. Naturally we ignore it. So the knocking gets louder and is followed by someone telling us to open the door immediately. We ask who it is and we are told that it is the hotel management. Uhhh, why??? Finally, after opening the door we end up having a 15 minute conversation with a hotel employee who keeps telling us that our room is supposed to be empty and we need to leave or they will call the police. About half an hour later, we finally worked out with the management that THEY had placed us in the wrong room. "Whoops, our mistake." During check-out, they asked us how our stay was and we were completely honest, explaining the situation from the night before. What did we get? "Oh, I'm sorry about that." Really? You accused a paying guest in your establishment of freeloading in the middle of the night because your front desk staff clearly can't check someone into the correct room and all you are going to do about it is give us an insincere "Sorry"??? Not okay. Anyone considering this motel as an affordable option, do yourself a favor and spend a little extra money on different lodgings.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mattyboy549
lq0478gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

I am very sorry for the experience you had during your stay with us. Would you please contact me at the property?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We just needed to stay one night, but I was not pleased. The room was very smoky, even though we requested a non smoking room. Horrible for my allergies. We killed a cock roach and decided to park in the front of the hotel because we were concerned with parking in the rear - the location was questionable. The furniture is extremely dated. The bed-skirt, chairs, and carpet had stains. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family